dream thread

Corbin Law

I've looked into Lucid dreaming before and it supposily all starts with being able to remember your dreams to the point where you can recall everything that went on in every single one of your dreams in a night. Then you're supposed do "dream checks" in which ask yourself if you're dreaming constantly and also look for landmarks in your daily waking life that may trigger you to question your dream when asleep. These dream signs induce lucid dreaming and from there it's all good. I've only had one lucid dream I remember vividly but according to the lucid dreaming forum, if praticed enough, one's dreams has the potential to become extremely realistic to the point where pain is felt!

I have tried to go lucid but failed... once though I had one of those dreams where I knew I was dreaming, I was conscious but I still couldn't control my 'dream' actions. then I became conscious of myself sleeping, and I began to sit up in bed but I realized my body wasn't moving. As I was passing through my skin I began to hear this huge noise in my ears, really similar to the noise a plane makes when taking off. I realized I was leaving my body so I got scared and woke up... my heart was racing for awhile after that. I have tried to recreate it but so far I haven't been successful.

this stuff happens when i'm exhausted and then i fall asleep in a noisy/busy place and get half-woken up how ever many times when i'm fast asleep, or if I fall asleep right after i eat. the ones relating to indigestion involve an intense feeling of choking and suffocating, screaming and freaking out in the dream that actually physically happens as well--it's lucid dreaming and sleepwalking.

//

i've had two lucid dreams in the last three or four months (which is normal)--both of them were potential omens which is definitely not normal for me (snakes, and for the 1st time i dreamed of spilled blood).

the real lucid dreams seem like they're hours long--i'm perfectly aware of dreaming, choose things, ask questions, but still take the dream as it is (e.g. i still run if chased or get freaked out). i usually get jolted out of or don't finish the dream.

//

alternatively the indigestion ones happen in real time, i have absolutely no control, but ~85% of my consciousness and a weakend sense of touch and work off the memory of where shit is in my house--i see it as a memory rather than a dream, and feel/know how to get around. but there are no images in this kind of dream. all i see is ... well, it's like when yer eyes are closed as you lay in the sun. and then after the terror of thinking/feeling like i'm dying i get real calm and feel completely and wholly empty (either abruptly by myself or i hear the real voice/s of my mother or a friend while they pull me back to bed). and then everything fades to black as it usually does and i wake up the next day.

the trippiest thing for me (but i don't take anything, ever--so this may be pretty weak :P) is going into lucid dream/conscious"hallucination" in the middle of the day when i wasn't sleeping and my eyes weren't closed.

These were not daydreams because when the intensely vivid dream img weakened due to intereference (random noise or physical feeling like someone kicking my chair), the dream image faded a tiny bit and i could see whatever i was actually/physically looking at faintly, but then i could easily and smoothly flip back to the intense/vivid vision (stuff rarely moved and my ears would ring--no sound from the dream or sounds from reality--i was truly in some other dimension that i knew wasn't real--so, i'm know i'm not a psycho).

has anyone experienced this -- non-drug induced waking - lucid dream transitions?

blahblahblah, whatever. i am curious about this stuff tho, and have been thinking about it recently specifically because of the omens in my last two lucid dreams (a friend thinks the snakes are ill-intentioned obsessed ppl or stalkers)...and i feel like the violence and blood in my last dream could be a premonition (not necessarily for me).

Guest thesnow

I have tons of dreams particularly about violence (ex: last night I dreamt some kids who look like a few members I see in WAYWT were at some party I was [ive never dreamt about supertalk before] at in the ghetto, but everytime I turned my back somebody tried to smash a bottle over me) and sometimes death.. I dont know if theyre omens but theyre always intense

Snakes and insects are typically bad news... I havent ever dreamt about them myself though

I only find it worth it to become lucid and have it seem as if the dream is hours long and very real, because then you can explore your consciousness... otherwise waking up too early or just going with the flow seems kinda lazy and uneffective

Guest thesnow

weed = uncreative dreams or no dreams at all (i guess you just cant remember em), for most ppl i know

example is buddys who smoke daily and go on vacation, stop smoking for a little bit, and have epic dreams

anyone try melatonin? i used to take it for insomnia and i think it made my dreams a little more vivid.

also, i just read about this chemical compound called Galatamine. it's been used in Eastern Europe as a memory enhancer, but it seems like it also enhances the vividness and recall of dreams.

http://www.chsir.com/galatamine.htm

i saw the ingredients for a "lucid dreaming pill" and it had the following:

galatamine

choline

melatonin

galatamine is an acetylcholinesterase (enzyme which breaks down acetycholine) inhibitor

choline is a precursor to acetylcholine

acetycholine is a neurotransmitter.

i might try this stuff out...

had a crazy dream this morning... fell asleep after the girlie left at 5:45 or so... and it was fucking epic... running around in some city... my little toe on my right foot became black and numb right before i woke up, and when i did wake up i noticed i had been laying on my hand and my left pinkie was numb...

i went lucid once, and it was just a couple of nights after watching that movie, waking life, which is about lucid dreaming.

i just used the dream signs technique described in the movie, i looked at the clock and aparantly if you can read what the clock is showing your probs in a dream. and the hands of the clock were just floating around in it. so i was like fuck im dreaming! imdreaammingg!! suck my diickk!!! immm ddrreaammmiinnggg!!!!!!

first thing i tried to do was fly, but just as i was about to jump off of the edge of the galleria 3rd floor i woke up because i was so excited.

i always get those deja vu moments that are linked to previous dreams like jayrock. i'm hoping i won't get a deja vu moment of the dream when i got shot in the head which i might add was the most realistic dream/feeling i ever had (which seems like a few of you's have also experienced).

i experience sleep paralysis alot too. which is fucked cause i am scared of falling asleep. i'm not sure if these are lucid dreams, but alot of my dreams are situations where i am in a fight where i can control my arms to throw punches, however they always end up to be really weak punches thus making an ass of myself in my own dream :/.

i like the idea of miznation's and omc's idea of practicing the guitar and studying for exams in lucid dreams. maybe some of the worlds best guitarist and geniuses are frequent lucid dreamers :).

but you can definitely rehearse mental things. i used to go lucid before big tests and hammer shit into my brain.

i would study the night before a test, never any earlier, and lucidly and calmly while my body was sleeping make sure that i knew what i needed to know.

Chhyeaaaaaa right! PM me on how to do this yooo. STAT!

i've just read up on astral projection, and it sounds like that's what was happening.. when does lucidity become astral projection? is it defined by the absence of regular physical laws?

for a 6 month period a couple years ago, i would have episodes of sleep paralysis with these vivid apparitions right in my face.. one was an old woman's face, another was a long neck and face (think the abyss), once it was a cop(?) hovering there..

that was some fucked up shit. they were definitely still dreams, but imposed on me, in my bed, in reality. not sure if it had anything to do with forays into lucid dreaming though

I had the same thing....I always interpreted this as seeing a ghost but later learned what it was....I was realllly freaked out by it.

for the past three weeks, its either im in a vampire battle or im being chased by zombies, but seriously i keep fukin dreaming about vampires and its so fuking real. I havent watched any type of horror film for like 6 months.

• 3 months later...
anyone try melatonin? i used to take it for insomnia and i think it made my dreams a little more vivid.

also, i just read about this chemical compound called Galatamine. it's been used in Eastern Europe as a memory enhancer, but it seems like it also enhances the vividness and recall of dreams.

http://www.chsir.com/galatamine.htm

i saw the ingredients for a "lucid dreaming pill" and it had the following:

galatamine

choline

melatonin

galatamine is an acetylcholinesterase (enzyme which breaks down acetycholine) inhibitor

choline is a precursor to acetylcholine

acetycholine is a neurotransmitter.

i might try this stuff out...

any updates on this?

I have tried to go lucid but failed... once though I had one of those dreams where I knew I was dreaming, I was conscious but I still couldn't control my 'dream' actions. then I became conscious of myself sleeping, and I began to sit up in bed but I realized my body wasn't moving. As I was passing through my skin I began to hear this huge noise in my ears, really similar to the noise a plane makes when taking off. I realized I was leaving my body so I got scared and woke up... my heart was racing for awhile after that. I have tried to recreate it but so far I haven't been successful.

wow jj i just got goosebumps.. my friend can project... and he told me if i ever want to try.... try finding the "sound" he says concentrate and you can find a slight ringing.. once u find it focus on it... and it becomes louder and louder... he didnt tell me what to do afterwards but yeah...

when you just sat up out of your body, thats astral projection.

yeah, actually, this happens frequently to me when i just realize that i'm lucid.

i either hear an incredibly loud sound that wakes me up or i can't move and feel suffocated. i try really hard to stay in there, but eventually, i give in and wake up. for some reason, i think your mind doesn't want you to take control of your dreams.

I have had a few flying lucid dreams, but its all in passing. I can't focus that much on a regular basis, usually I'm just trying to get sleep for the next day. It is a very dissappointing feeling expecting to lucid dream and then not, it discourages a lot of people. Lucid dreaming is still a rare occurance unless you devote a lot of time to preparing for one. I have a strong feeling that your waking life influences your dreaming life in a very vague and inconsistant way, devoting a very large amount of time during your waking life to your dreams even just abstractly thinking about dreams and reality, I feel would increase chances of lucidity. Of course there's the lucid clues you can look for in waking life, but at least for me it wasn't enough and it was very hard to keep questioning reality in waking life unless I focused hard on it.

Guest thesnow
Such an interesting subject... It's like the more you genuinely question reality the more you are granted the ability to deconstruct reality.

exactly yo.. exactly