dream thread

Corbin Law

i dont know about you guys but i gotta tell/write down my dreams or else i totally forget them, and rereading your old dreams to me is like reading jorge luis borges short stories, but not as good.

heres mine from last night: cypress, (my hometown), has grown to be boring dark place with few pleasures. my brother and good friend and i seek out something more in life and so for thrills every weekend we take our minivan out to an abandoned highway with all of our instruments inside of it, and we teleport into a local military base and wreak havoc with our instruments/fuck with people/anything to keep ourselves entertained. this becomes a weekly habit of ours and every weekend we rock the shit out of these military bases.

then during one of our attempts at teleportation into one of these bases turns sour. we are going along to highway and maybe have drugs on us or something? but another car comes along side us which hasnt ever happened, and then helicopters start coming and cops and shit and tanks, and our only escape from the situation is to teleport ourselves inside the military base. only we didnt go to a military base, we found ourselves in some sort of establishment with a factory, a school, a few auditoriums, and housing and a port and railway station (all inside one complex). and now we are without our instruments, but a mysterious indian man approaches us as we land on this strange complex and he asks us to stretch out these small blue and red ribbons for him, and we stretch them to about the legnth of a football field ish, and then head inside the complex. I become separated from my companions in this part and i encounter older girl who is aparently my wife, and we stick together for quite sometime until she runs into an old friend of mine that she doesnt know, but she treats him like she knows him and i leave them together. i meet my former collapsed relationship almost girlfriend (the one before the whole older girl buisness) named molly, and she and i go into an auditorium to watch some play. at the end of it soldier start pouring out of the back of the orchestra and we jump off the mezzanine and run our separate ways .

we are looking all around this complex for the way out and somehow we both find an escape onto the train that is connected to the complex, but we dont get on together. the train is strange, all the cars are just flat beds with a spool and the ribbon that we stretched out earlier is running through them, and i appears to go on forever, much longer than it was initially. the train moves fast as shit and nooses and obstacles shoot out of nowhere but i have no choice but to hold on. i dont know how i figure this out, but by observing the ribbon i realize that the ribbon is in fact a prophecy of all things to come. everything i had previously done in the dream i reread in this ribbon in some sort of DNA like code or something. after reading more into the ribbon i realize what it is actually doing. i Zoom out like mad and view the world as a whole and the whole top half of asia has sunken under water along with much of africa and europe, and all that remains are tiny islands just big enough for this train and its ribbon to move across. looking at the world i see that the ribbon has wrapped itself around the whole world and since its appearance the world has turned to total shit, shit is just falling a part like crazy. after spending more time just surviving on this train i encounter my friend molly who also had a similar idea to jump on the train. Suddenly the train is no longer moving in a straight line and goes into this downward spiral of crazy wind and shit and i can barely hold on, Allison Janey (actress from the westwing and other things, beautiful woman!) appears out of nowhere and appears to be an agent of the mysterious indian man, however we find out that it was initially the indian man's intent to kill us after we had begun his prophecy of evil for him. and molly and i kill allison janney and in the midst of the battle we accidently flip this switch that stops the train. and i was distraught at first, i thought i fucked everything up. molly said "frankly i am glad". and then i woke up realizing i totally slept past my alarm.

lets hear your dreams????!!??!?!

last night/this morning, i had a dream where i got hit by a car in the countryside when i was on my daily run (there is a bit where i run back up this winding road with pretty low visibility) and my dad was at my house so he rushed over in the car to try and get me to the hospital, but he has light grey leather seats in his coupe, and he was fiddling around trying to find a blanket so i didnt spill all my blood in his interior. i died in the street.

i had this other one like last week where i was at my old primary school (5-10years?) playing football (soccer) on the astroturf.. this pitch had a fence all the way round it real high, we called it "the cage".

in this dream, i am same age as i am now, but im playing football there with the kids who i went to school with then (and they are old now too) and this one guy who i used to be *best friends* with, who i fell out with years ago, kept trying to start a fight with me.

so in the end i just lamped him, proper caught him round the face... he was all dizzy and shit but just kept trying to come and fight me, but i kept telling him i wouldnt fight him and he should just fuck off.

he was already to hurt to fight me anyway because id hit him a few times by now but he kept coming upto me, not saying anything, but just kind of bumping dizzily into me, so in the end every now and then id just punch him so hed fuck off for a minute. but everytime i punched him this other kid would jump on my back or punch me in the back of the head.

the worst nightmare i've ever had: i was working at a drive-thru at some unspecific fast-food place, and i'm taking orders from a dude who is basically jack nicholson's character from easy rider...asking for all these weird options and scaring me.

i had a dream where i went to taco bell, and at the drive thru mic, i ordered a 1/2 lb beef and potato, add sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, and rice. well the total came out to $4.00 instead of the usual $2.14 IRL. i got really upset and started complaining and bargaining with them, kept on saying for $4 i couldve gotten two of them, getting really frustrated, but they kept on saying " $4, please drive up" no matter what. so im thinking "fuck it, when i get to the window itll be $2.14". when i got up to the window the electronic thing that tells you the total still said $4.00. thats when i started feeling axienty, anxiousness, and anger. the red numbers kept getting bigger and BIGGER as i drove closer to them towards the window. when i finally reached the window, the numbers were overwhelmingly big, and then i woke up.

true story.

While napping I had the strangest dream, it was me walking into my apartment and then into my room to only walk in Danny Devito with some girl I used to mess around with a while ago. Very strange, I dont know how Danny Devito of all people was in my dream, this is too strange.

Had a dream where my best friend from High School was somehow here and brought me a present that was a book about drugs and something else I can't remember.

The drug book though, had samples of everything in it, and I was getting really excited about it.

Then of course waking up and realizing I don't have a cool book about drugs or even the drugs themselves.

no way, dream stories can be good like take last night for instance I dreamed that I slept with several different women that I know or come into contact with on a daily basis. Each one got to comparing sex with me and they started to argue and fight over that shit furiously. this continued until I admitted which one was the best, terrible part was it was the OCD one whom more or less beat the shit out of me during sex...

things that make you go hmmm.....

true, seriously watch someone when you try to tell them about your dreams. They rarely give a fuck. Everyones are peculiar and unusual.

Oh man, this one time, I was totally banging this chick when all of a sudden my kindergarten teacher starts banging on the window. Also, we were most definitely upside down... underwater! How crazy is that man, for real?

Alright, Keagan proved me wrong.

Just had these dream where these two gay guys where driving me home and they tried to rape me, I kept saying "NO NO, I AM STRAIGHT, IM STRAIGHTTTTTT" and after I said that the guy that was driving tried shove his member in my mouth- then I just played dead, like someone would if they were being attacked by a bear or something....

Thread over.

nah i know what you guys mean. listening to other peoples dreams bores the shit out of me because im totally baised in support of the fact that my dreams are better than anyone elses, but i think everyone feels that way about their own.

but i also like toying with the idea of dreams being one of the 3 ways to the unconscious, art and peyote are the other 2.

Just had these dream where these two gay guys where driving me home and they tried to rape me, I kept saying "NO NO, I AM STRAIGHT, IM STRAIGHTTTTTT" and after I said that the guy that was driving tried shove his member in my mouth- then I just played dead, like someone would if they were being attacked by a bear or something....

I think Westside might be gay. He's been keeping these to himself, but I stole his dream book and this was the first, second and third entry.

i had a dream where i went to taco bell, and at the drive thru mic, i ordered a 1/2 lb beef and potato, add sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, and rice. well the total came out to $4.00 instead of the usual $2.14 IRL. i got really upset and started complaining and bargaining with them, kept on saying for $4 i couldve gotten two of them, getting really frustrated, but they kept on saying " $4, please drive up" no matter what. so im thinking "fuck it, when i get to the window itll be $2.14". when i got up to the window the electronic thing that tells you the total still said $4.00. thats when i started feeling axienty, anxiousness, and anger. the red numbers kept getting bigger and BIGGER as i drove closer to them towards the window. when i finally reached the window, the numbers were overwhelmingly big, and then i woke up.

true story.

i saw a commercial on tv once where this dude is at some coffee shop eating breakfast and the sign outside the window has the price for the meal, and every time he looks out the window the prices go up.

Great idea for a thread! I had this dream a while back, but it was so fucking crazy that I thought I should write it down as soon as I woke up from it. If you have the patience to read the whole thing its pretty out there.

Suddenly, I'm in a supermarket, its very nice, but there are a lot of strange looking people there (think whole foods with a field trip from Sing sing in conjunction with a feed the homeless event) and I'm walking around cautiously (looking down each aisle as I go). I come to a refrigerated aisle with drinks and I see two guys near the end and they are looking at something up in the top of the aisle. I walk toward them and there is a cocoon made up of what looks like salmon roe (extremely bright orange with little specks of something bright green mixed in, and its about 2 feet wide and 2.5 feet long, it’s attached itself to the top of the refrigeration unit tucked into the top). There is a hole about 5 inches in diameter that we can’t really see in, but there is something moving around inside (its insect like). One of the guys starts talking to the thing and poking at the opening trying to get a better look inside the creature starts moving around (becoming agitated). The guy is making chauvinistic remarks and then the creature says that it will turn him into a bitch; “eat his dick and tear him a new pussy†is what it said in my dream. Suddenly, the creature shoots out of the hole in the cocoon and dives into the guy’s mouth. The creature is clear, but has a dull yellowish tint to it, the body is scorpion like, but the face is more human, and it has 4 limbs. It sticks its head in his mouth and forces his jaw open stretching out his face and breaking his lower jaw. He is completely silent during the whole thing and the creature works its way down into his stomach and then into his pelvic area. The man begins to turn opaque like the creature and I can see his genitals as the creature eats them and leaves a large gash were his penis and testicles once were. I turn around and run down the aisle from where I came and head out of the building. I go out of an automatic door and there is a clean and well lit area, all concrete. There are pedestals lining the entire area and on top of each pedestal there is what appears to be a statue of a clown that is being twirled around by some sort of mechanism underneath (the clowns are life sized). I begin to walk away from the store and as I come within about 10 feet of the clowns they mobilize and come down off of their pedestals and start following me. I walk away from them and they slowly, but methodically follow me. Then I start to go back toward the store and they get back on their pedestals and resume their trance inducing spin. Then I wake up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thesnow

I thought I was done being able to go lucid, but last night I managed to do it for the first time in months.. felt like it was hours long too I was able to do soo much shit.

Anyways the key for me is to be woken up at least once in the middle of the night and usually I have the chance to go lucid in my dream following, sometimes it takes being woken up a couple of times to work. Then the trick is to stay asleep once you become lucid and you can do whatever..

Anybody else into this shit?

I can get lucid like once every moon, I happened to have one last night, and boy was it awesome.

I know some people follow a strict regimen to get lucid much easier, like keeping dream journals, tight sleep schedules, and all that jazz - I just can't put all that effort into trying to control a dream. It must be nice though to go lucid every night :confused: