dream thread

Corbin Law

All my nightmares have been the same from working in the hospitality industry. Basically running a crowded restaurant by myself and freaking out but towards breaking point I'd just go fuck it, I know it's just a dream and then I'd wake up.

I use to have dreams all the time about carrying a backpack or some bag and trying to get somewhere but the bag was always so heavy I would never be able to move at all. Funnily enough these dreams stopped once I left hospitality. Fuck hospitality.

I was washing my hands in front of a bathroom mirror, when I look up at my reflection. It suddenly hits me that I'm in a dream, gotta be calm gotta be calm don't wake up... gotta fuck something. C'mon mind, conjure up something for me to fuck. I woke up immediately - Guess my brain hates me in my dreams too. 

i still have nightmares e.g. the ring

i'm in the bedroom looking at my phone and get these images of hair, bodies crawling, and the next thing i know it's children jumping on the bed. am I relieved? fuck no. 

i hate getting woken up around 5-6 AM and i can't fall back asleep to get that extra hour before work. 

i'm always dying in my dreams, too. for example, driving a car and get into an accident. i wake up but am back in the same car, same route, but this time i avoid the car crash and go on my marry way. it's like inception

Edited by gettoasty

I dream like a crazy person every night - I wake up pretty frequently so I always remember enough in the morning to fill at least a half hour with meandering weird dream stories. 

The other night I dreamed that I was assigned a dorm room with this couple in their 70's, who took the top bunk. As soon as the lights went out I heard the man's shaky old voice singing 'Trembling fondness after all these years...' and suddenly I heard the bed start creaking and sagging as they started going at it. 

Disturbing. 

^did you wake up in an odd position or sleeping on your arm, legs bent awkwardly?

i notice that when i feel the pain, which is usually a cold touch that I am lying on my arm or my legs are asleep. maybe it is the body telling the mind to wake up and change position. you ever get stiff necks? hate it.

had back to back to back sleep paralysis night before last. Had it a few times over the years in single episodes, so knew what it was when it was happening, but other night was the first with multiple. Dreamed / perceived someone was in the house and couldn't move, fell back asleep, happened again. A few times. Fucking creepy.

one

Headed in no particular direction down a repeating path. Every step I take has a more intense rebound effect off of the ground and I begin bouncing higher and higher into the air. After a small amount of time it seems obvious that the next fall is going to break my legs, but it never does and I keep going higher. The dream never resolves as I wake up randomly during its occurrence.

two

A 5 second or so dream where a large, poisonous looking spider is descending from my ceiling clear as day in the dark. Causes me to jump out of bed and scramble into the hallway, haven't had this one in a while (fingers crossed).

three

Stuck in a variety of non-sensical situations, and attempting to explain to those around me that I shouldn't be in them (i.e. back at my old job, in a house I know I'm not supposed to be in). When I attempt to explain my predicament to other characters in the dream, I'm continuously redirected with information that makes no sense and it can be very frustrating.

---

theres more I'm not remembering at the moment...

I dreamt last night that I was in a oakland-looking city and I got shot 7 times and one last time directly between my eyes

It was the most intense dream I have had in a long time. I was completely sure I was dead and was really surprised when I woke up and thought "god damn" to myself.

Ye it was a ppgoat experience

Now I'm listening to Danny Brown and goin to his concert in like 10 days so its all good

• 3 weeks later...

slept poorly last night, dreamt I was walking down a dark road with no lights when a car pulls up. suddenly a group of (attractive) females step out in front of me, and even more come out from the car. they move towards me and grab me and I'm thinking it's going to be one of *those* dreams, but instead in dream logic I hear them say they want meat, and try to eat my leg.

today, my school sends out a police bulletin that at around 3:15 am a dude was jumped and robbed a few blocks away from my apartment. checking my sleep cycle app shows that I should have been entering my 2nd REM cycle around then. I've kind of always believed in the 'collective unconscious' idea but now I'm even more convinced that everything is connected. I remember feeling really worried in my dream that I was walking alone in a dark place late at night, hard to explain but basically it was like I was experiencing some weird form of telepathy

the cannibalism thing was probably from me eating a lamb shank the other day, and when I finished I looked at the bone and realized it was big enough to be of human origin. then I realized that eating meat raised by the food industry is basically an indirect form of cannibalism, since we produce enough food to feed everyone, but instead give it to animals and throw away the rest. prob not gonna eat red meat anymore

i have the lamest nightmares

when i dream about a truly horrifying or dangerous situation, it always turns out to be an enjoyable adventure

the dreams that leave me in distress are usually mundane, unfortunate coincidences or mistakes on my part like driving into poles

throughout my life, i've only had a single recurring dream in which i inexplicably find myself nude at work, class, or some kind of public event, and i sneak around while trying to find abandoned coats and sweaters

i never find anything to cover myself with, but no one seems to notice me either

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...