fashion/style vs. "physical beauty"

well, to make a long story short, a few people i know got into a discussion involving the topic aforementioned. theyve stated that no matter how fashionable, how up-to-date, how trendy one may be, even if your body conforms with the style one may choose, its all in vain if your "facial beauty" is not in tact, considering the face is the main factor to ones identity and self.

what do you think? can an ultimately stylish and fashionable person still look good if he/she is facially "ugly"? or is there somewhat of a compromise somewhere along the line?

all comments welcome, thanks :o

yes i think so, if they are comfortable with it and they dont just try to obscure it by

wearing alot of flashy shit to take your eyes away from their face.

theres alot of weird faced eurotrashy kind of guys roaming soho that wear really gaudy pieces. but if someone wears a simpler outfit, that is still very well put together and complements their non-facial features: personality, occupation, surroundings. it will all mesh together much better

2cents

well, to make a long story short, a few people i know got into a discussion involving the topic aforementioned. theyve stated that no matter how fashionable, how up-to-date, how trendy one may be, even if your body conforms with the style one may choose, its all in vain if your "facial beauty" is not in tact, considering the face is the main factor to ones identity and self.

what do you think? can an ultimately stylish and fashionable person still look good if he/she is facially "ugly"? or is there somewhat of a compromise somewhere along the line?

beauty over fashion sense any day, its not even an issue

Guest jmatsu
beauty over fashion sense any day, its not even an issue

you're missing the point again, dumbass.

ugly faces with character can compliment fashion...i think.

yes i think so, if they are comfortable with it and they dont just try to obscure it by

wearing alot of flashy shit to take your eyes away from their face.

theres alot of weird faced eurotrashy kind of guys roaming soho that wear really gaudy pieces. but if someone wears a simpler outfit, that is still very well put together and complements their non-facial features: personality, occupation, surroundings. it will all mesh together much better

2cents

i feel you. but imo, thats kind getting into another level: personality and personal confidence...

gayyyyyyyyy

your pussy is glued to a building on fire.

I like girls that look like aliens and shit.

lu63zx.jpg

imo shes beautiful. and quite possibly a model. i dont think any man at first glance would find her unattractive unless there were either homosexual, or quite discerning in their tastes...

imo shes beautiful. and quite possibly a model. i dont think any man at first glance would find her unattractive unless there were either homosexual, or quite discerning in their tastes...

No shit, it's gemma ward. She is a fucking goddess.

Most of my friends think said woman is ugly- they have no taste in women.

gemma ward is amazing. aliens are hot.

'ugly' people are often more stylish than beautiful people.

looking good is a matter of creating the right perception-

some people have it easy, with physical looks, and others

have to work it via other means.

you're missing the point again, dumbass.

ugly faces with character can compliment fashion...i think.

umm no im not missing the point. let me put it in a diff way- being stylish chant make up for the fact that you arent attractive. if anything, maybe it adds personality points but thats about it

Guest jmatsu
umm no im not missing the point. let me put it in a diff way- being stylish chant make up for the fact that you arent attractive. if anything, maybe it adds personality points but thats about it

your answer did not even adress the op's main question. your original answer was one for that of a poll.

done.

defining facial beauty itself is highly problematic even after accounting for cultural biases. some people have faces that are well symmetrical and proportioned but completely unattractive. they just look bland and generic because they conform too heavily to the norm. beauty is dependent on ugly in this way.

shouldn't the terms stylish and fashionable be clarified?

imo, or how i use the words, stylish is very different from fashionable or trendy (which i lump together). fashionable and trendy are for victims or "fashionistas" (not necessarily the same thing). meanwhile, style has something to do with yer essence or feel... it's personal and has little to do with trend forcasting and designers or must-have pieces of the season (or fashion/trend bullshit).

so... ugly, old, fat, mediocre, whatever kind of people can definitely, without a doubt, be stylish. they just have to know what works for them--their body type, coloring, and essence/feel.

Anyway, here are some hilarious examples:

Rachel Zoe - HW Stylist

285967125_a91043b1ff.jpg

ick.

Staffperson from Paris Vogue (=lady on the right; the person on the left is emmanuelle alt, editor of Paris Vogue--she has great style and is very fashionable/chic/whatev)

00280mwf5.jpg00410mde2.jpg

lol.

again, arrogance--rachel zoe's arrogance to think she can get away with half the stuff she's too old or looks too old to wear and then her gross eating disorder that makes her head so much bigger than her shrivled up frail body.

the second lady is just arrogant. style and fashion is ok, but her arrogant 'strike-a-pose' thing for the cameras is ridiculous--i think in this sense, the OP's friends are correct...no amount of help via make up, latest chic pieces off paris runways, or high powered job being on editorial staff for Paris Vogue will erase the abusurdity that is her face and personality on film.

Edit: Again, style (dressing well for yer self/essence) over "fashion"/trends/others. always.

Beauty to me comes down to display of sexual development. I find hyperfeminine women and hypermasculine men attractive. Androgyny to me is just not appealing, grown humans should have visible sexual traits otherwise they feel too much like prepubescents.

Gemma Ward, along with many models in her circle, looks underdeveloped and sickly. They make great runway models though, and serve a function as clothes racks, but why would anyone find that sexually attractive?

can anyone convince me to NOT neg-rep isoform?

that is not just some fucking staff person, that's carine roitfeld, and she's

the editor in chief of vogue's french edition, and if you knew anything about

anything that you were attempting to talk about, you'd know that she is totally

allowed to look however she likes, whenever she wants.

emanuelle alt is the fashion director at french vogue, not the editor.

tell me this was all a cosmic joke? way to pick some random ass photos to just to satisfy your poorly-informed point.

axf8up.jpg

this is your arrogant, absurd staffer?

chick is God. hands down.

you're insane and need to go sit in a box for a while and

think about what you've done.

fair enough...

but its certainly not gayer than bernhard willhelm's latest collection.

that i certainly do not know

i actually think iso got i a bit backwards, in the sense that the attitude a woman projects can do a lot in terms of whether men see her as attractive

and yeah, i agree, fashion magazine higher-ups are allowed to cop attitude

i mean, if they can't, who the fuck can?

same goes for people in good bands

(people in stupid bands look stupid when they cop attitude)

but yeah, complaining about serious industry types being arrogant is like complaining about rappers being arrogant

that i certainly do not know

i actually think iso got i a bit backwards, in the sense that the attitude a woman projects can do a lot in terms of whether men see her as attractive

and yeah, i agree, fashion magazine higher-ups are allowed to cop attitude

i mean, if they can't, who the fuck can?

same goes for people in good bands

(people in stupid bands look stupid when they cop attitude)

but yeah, complaining about serious industry types being arrogant is like complaining about rappers being arrogant

WUT BOUT SUCKA MCZ???