Five Favourite Cars

rome1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see no point in being unrealistic. these are all cars which i will definately own at some point soonish.

112_05fas_bmw130i_s.jpg

my current ride; BMW 120 M SPORT (just ordered it, should be with me in 5weeks!)

and for project cars - soon i will get 1 or 2 of the following, not decided yet;

1131532583.jpg

ハチロク

1964-monte-carlo.jpg

MINI COOPER S RALLY SPEC

2006_Rover_Metro_6r4.jpg

MG METRO 6R4

crx-sir-glasstop-14.jpg

HONDA CRX SiR

i think thats what made them so appealing to me as a kid.

all the cars probably look like 'nothing special' to some ferari wannabe, but, they are just such beauties. i might just get a dirt cheap metro and mess around with mods, literally angle grinder and dril job. make some panels and shit.

highstreet, didn't want to spring for the upcoming twin turbo? i'd love a 135i.

they are auto though!!! the twin turbo D is incredible, but yeah, i prefer a manual box..

actually the 2 is the biggest i can get on my insurance, because im only 21.. i wouldnt normally be getting such an expensive car, but ive been working for the family firm (architecture/real estate) for a good few years now for pretty bad pay. our business plan meant big investment with little immediate gain, so things used to be tight, but now we have alot more capital coming in im getting this pretty much on tax off-set :D

i just realised, you guys are all in the US right? cars over there have huge engines but arent refined like european cars.. the 2 is very quick.. especially with the sports setup and the 1 being on a small[ish] chasis anyway..

the market for the big engine cars in europe seem to be all about auto/paddles. i dont understand it personally. the 3 is the biggest you can get with a manual transmission now, but with the new 35 diesel engine with twin stage turbo, im pretty sure its only semi auto.

a fucking shame though. the best part of driving is feeling the box.

bmw's diesels are amazing, very very torque-y but stil do a bunch to the gallon, win both ways.

I'm still ticked off that the US didn't get the coupe version of the A3.

Yea I agree. But I just hope the new S3 comes over, that thing is really great little car. I have to say though, for a comparable car, the new R32 is really a fun car and the dsg transmission makes it great for LA traffic while still maintaining a great performance feel.

Weird, we were just talking about this at work the other day... kinda hard to narrow it down, but I finally got it:

01uh1.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish S - In white, just like this. Manual conversion, please.

01gr4.jpg

Lotus Exige S - This colour too. Need a toy.

01ew9.jpg

Maserati Quattroporte - This or black, not sure. For when I need to carry people in style.

01yq1.jpg

BMW 335i Convertible - Everyday driver... want a Scooby, but hate the image. Want an M3, but this is nearly as fast, can be made faster very easily, and also conveniently nets me a part-time convertible.

01ww3.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R '73 - Super rare, and I've always loved how it looks. Though this fifth choice changes pretty often... FD RX-7, NSX, another Aston...

the market for the big engine cars in europe seem to be all about auto/paddles. i dont understand it personally. the 3 is the biggest you can get with a manual transmission now, but with the new 35 diesel engine with twin stage turbo, im pretty sure its only semi auto.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Highstreet, I thought you were bouncing for Japan soon? Why the brand new compact?

I like the idea of the 1-series but to my tastes it's just not very well executed. They don't sell them in any country I've lived in recently but still just can't get over how boring they look. They could've been made by Mazda.

I'm going home in a month and selling my 540i that's been in storage for a few years and I think I'm gonna use the proceeds on starting a taco/burrito truck that I roll on the mean streets of Seoul before my youth slips away, so that is the one and only ride I'll have for awhile. My mom bought an E320 4Matic wagon some time ago and I really like the look and feel of it, so if I come into some cash I want to pick up an E55 wagon and roll it as my store car, 19" AMG 2-pieces and white Letraset on the side and all.

1. MB CLS 63 AMG

2. MB SL65 AMG

3. Lamborghini Gallardo

4. VIP style Lexus on airbags

5. Hummer H1

I`ve put a lot of thought into that lineup :D:D

1969 Camaro SS -- classic cruiser

cam0005.jpg

1991 Acura NSX -- timeless design

NSX.jpg

E60 BMW M5 --- daily driver

bmw-m5-e60-front.jpg

Ducati 1098 --- 2-wheeled transport

1098_1.jpg

Nissan S14 Silvia ---- drift car

ken_kts-img600x450-1126934868pict00042.jpg

You could probably throw a Ferrari or two in the mix, but these are my most realistic Powerball choices.

im gonna go one at a time cause i havent really thought it through. ive always had a thing for bmws and ive always liked the bmw 2002, cause it looks like the nerdiest bmw ever, which would fit me perfectly.

bmw2002.jpg

1953 Chevrolet Bel Aire

1953-chev-bel-aire-blk2.jpg

this would also be on the list for sentimental reasons, my dad said he had one in high school and he wound up selling and regretting selling it so it would be like a tribute my dad.

• 2 weeks later...