Designer Faces

I think it'd be cool if we had a thread where we can post portraits, photos, snapshots of designers... Maybe even post a little bio on them (if you want).

Raf Simons

00110jilsanderaw060ed.jpg

rafom8.gif

The Antwerp Six - (Walter Van Beirendonck, Dirk Van Saene, Dirk Bikkembergs, Ann Demeulemeester, Dries Van Notenand Marina Yee)

52xt55i.jpg

Veronique Branquinho is sexy as hell (wasnt she Raf's girlfriend at one point?).

Junya Watanabe is really dorky looking (but I still love him).

Issey Miyake is the freshest looking dude on this whole page. Straight pimpin.

And can anyone put up a pic of Margiela? Despite his camera-shyness, there has got to be photos of him somewhere on the net.

what i especially love about ann demeulemeester is how much her own actual physical apperance is reflected in her collections/overall design aesthetic. the female models especially look exactly like her, but even a lot of her male models will kind of look like her when they hit their late 30's early 40's...that kind of unrepentant self absorbed ego mania is the most attractive thing ever....and of course she pulls off her clothes so well (mostly casue she just designs them for herself/herhusband.) but its so much cooler than some of these designers who u look at and youre like fuck off cause they have nothing in common with their desing aesthetic.