SF Photoshoot Sat 8-11-07

masuerte

Should it be friday or saturday? Digital denim can't make it on saturday...  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be friday or saturday? Digital denim can't make it on saturday...

• Saturday
    • Friday (10th august)

FInally got it planned. Everyone that personally contacted me said they can make it sometime on a friday. Here's the solid plan and maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Green+St+%4037.794730,+-122.446420&daddr=Lombard+St+%4037.798500,+-122.447050+to:Bay+St+%4037.801720,+-122.447040+to:37.800409,-122.439795&mrcr=2&mrsp=3&sz=16&mra=mi&sll=37.800934,-122.435482&sspn=0.012479,0.028539&ie=UTF8&ll=37.798933,-122.436597&spn=0.012479,0.028539&z=16&om=1

Okay that map basically shows 4 spots. Hopefully we meet as early as possible around 12 or early noon, I plan to buy sandwiches and eat lunch with everyone. If anyone come to the city to meet me super early just call me up and we'll have breakfast near union square before heading out.

The first one being the location of the Lyon Street steps shown here on yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/5ZoeIusBHVOP1Fip5Hydtw

Second location is Golden Gate Deli Bistro to get some sandwiches:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jUH5iN_cTh1BsEcMECreZw

Third place is of course, Palace of Fine Art.

Fourth place is a late lunch/dinner/hang untill everyone who is late can arrive place called Bistro Yoffi:

http://www.bistroyoffi.com/info.html

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are about 5 confirmed people that will be there the whole day. 2 of our more "mature" members with involved day-jobs will be there later in the day.

Well... let's hope so. I don't think there's a great chance of this happening but I'm scared if too many people come.

I'm searching through as many visionary fashion photographer pictures as I can for inspiring poses and shot angles.

I will also be going by bus.

Bus number 30x gets you fom near in the general area of the Palace of the Fine arts and our last place to hang/wait for people (bistro yoffi on chelsea st.) It goes all the way from the Embarcadero station to Marina.

I would download the muni pdf of san fran.

http://transit.511.org/providers/maps/SF_7122007102343.pdf

Ugh, I would hate to attract "beasts" of all types.

Serioiusly though, I don't want to hype this more out of proportion than I usually do. This isn't going to be all fun, I wanna try to really make some good pictures. So far only those who've been patient, dedicated and also lucky enough to be able to change their schedules for this moment have agreed to go photomeet.

It's a perfect amount of people, any more would have been too much for me to spend time inidividually on taking their portraits.

I am not a pro, I am not cobrasnake... I'm just an over-eager superfuturist photo-amateur. :D

edit: ::sigh:: I'll play

moy, sycamore, mrpretender, junglejane, digital_denim, ayn and red... tang's a maybe

I will also be going by bus.

Bus number 30x gets you fom near in the general area of the Palace of the Fine arts and our last place to hang/wait for people (bistro yoffi on chelsea st.) It goes all the way from the Embarcadero station to Marina.

I would download the muni pdf of san fran.

http://transit.511.org/providers/maps/SF_7122007102343.pdf

yo da man masuerte!!! i'm soooo excited...i'm counting the days...

You probably thought of this, but Legion of Honor could be a fully dramatic backdrop for any photo. I always go in the morning and the entire place is empty.

Have fun.. are you posting the shots here?

I'm going to look that up habia. I'm posting shots on superfuture meetup photo thread. After the event I'm going to let this thread die I think.

Hi Guys! It was really a pleasure meeting you all (masuerte, moy, red, mrip, junglejane, digital denim, sycamore no more)... Had a blast hanging out with you guys! Too bad I didn't get to meet ayn and tang...maybe next time!

Take care guys and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!! Masuerte thanks for organizing this meet-up!!! Can't wait for the next one!!!

:)

ohok... so this is what that was.. ha

jeremy mentioned something about sufu so ohhhh :confused:

allright.

Yeah... I'm not going to be putting pictures up for a week. Went to L.A. w/o mycomputer and camera...

a preview of my (fearfully cliche) attempt of artphotofaggotry:

1156405317_43d4b8fc9e_o.jpg

For the sake of ppls' identities, I'm keeping the next one small...

1158013579_3f2a98a3f0_b.jpg

you sure you want me to post yours mister pretender? Yours are either the best, the most corny or both of all the pictures I took. I hardly needed to do any post processing... not even levels changing it was so crazy good.

What kinda watch are you tryin' to show off JJ?

she was spanking the baloons around actually... which is why her hand is like that...

here're more pictures that I think I wanna publish someday. if I had enough money I'd go around and photograph every superfuturist on earth for the rest of my life and i'd be happy.

1164707418_1d70341ee2_o.jpg

I think everyone needs to see the bottom right corner set of Red's. He was super ballsy as a "model" that day and really humored me with some cool geurilla situation photography ideas. As a reward these girls got so impressed that they wanted to take pictures with him too. I'll post those up soon.