Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

o-NORTH-KOREA-WEED-570.jpg?1

(Bag of pot that journalist Darmon Richter bought at a market in Rason, North Korea, for about 80 cents.)

this looks like the same quality of weed i got when i was in japan. its basically leaves and the occasional sad anemic bud. there were 2 things i was fiending for in japan. weed and mexican food. my dude from hokkaido hooked me up with a bento box full of that leafy weed shit. it was harsh and incredibly weak.

anyways, a friend got a care package of tapatio, tortillas and cilantro seeds from his girlfriend in the states. we babied those seeds and harvested them way too early and feasted on probably the worst carne asada tacos ive ever had. best in japan though. it was actually harder to score mexican food in japan than it was weed. luckily these were in the salad days of legal shrooms which in hindsight was probably a bad thing.

any of you guys (in LA area) wanna buy my Illadelph? I'd rather sell it to one of you than a craigslist rando

Illadelph straight shot, 19.5" tall, 7mm glass, camo label $350

I'm including the Pro Duffle by Ryot gear, a really heavy duty and functional bag designed specifically for bongs

I change the water every few hits, clean w 99% alc very often, rinse it w Brita water to avoid waterspots... trust, this shit is clean

giq1cVo.jpg

http://imgur.com/Vyj46Pa

http://imgur.com/ijvVBX3

http://imgur.com/KSna3FX

http://imgur.com/pw1r81u

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bumpin with a pic dump.
These are old pics going back to '09-'10. I don't get through medicinal, and the source changes often so strain genetics get lost in transition.

I'll try to get some newer, higher quality pics when I'm feeling less sluggish.

These here are some sort of dense hybrids.

7kEvlhO.jpg

A nug of some sativa dom. More herblike and spicy. (potentially kali mist?)

qYkDQUd.jpg

Some sweet smelling hybrids (probably like a jfruit or similar). 

GLYvAd5.jpg

SJXoFEP.jpgttIketV.jpgN8D204n.jpg

Edited by trichomatic

• 2 weeks later...

Some nug shots here, taken some time in 2011.

These first two pics are of an unknown strain. Smell was very reminiscent of grapefruits. Felt similar to other grapefruit I've had, kind of heady and cerebral while still giving munchies. Leads me to believe it might have been grapefruit, but I don't know for sure.

hNOgK04.jpgoqDIVoN.jpg

Another unknown batch. Smell and taste was great, sweet like some sort of tropical fruit. Felt like a sativa dom, with more energetic stimulant-like properties. A bit leafier than what I'm used to, but for about 6 bucks a g, I ain't complaining.

Np6UNoc.jpg

Some sour d here. Most likely some east coast diesel because it wasn't very fuelly like most diesels I've tried but very citrusy. Another nice, cerebral feeling.

YI9UXP8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Haven't tasted bud in over a month and a half while I've been looking for a new job and trying to keep my options open in case of drug tests. If I get the job from the company I just interviewed for I'm going to convert over to only using vaporizers. 

Been looking at a lot of reviews lately and I think I've narrowed it down to a few units. If I get a table top vaporizer for the home, it's between the Arizer Extreme Q, which looks like a traditional vape that can be used with a whip or a bag, and the Plenty by Storz and Bickel, which is whip only and looks like some sort of futuristic photon drill power tool but is a nice quality machine and made by the same company as the volcano. If I want to go portable, I think I've settled on the Ascent by Davinci. A little less sleek and stylish than the Pax but it looks easier to maintain and still packs a decent punch for a portable.

Any vape experts used any of these? The Plenty is really pushing what I'd want to spend on a vaporizer and I may just go with the Extreme Q because of that. So I guess I'm looking in the $250 price range, but may splurge a bit if the quality is really that much better.

Haven't tasted bud in over a month and a half while I've been looking for a new job and trying to keep my options open in case of drug tests. If I get the job from the company I just interviewed for I'm going to convert over to only using vaporizers. 

Been looking at a lot of reviews lately and I think I've narrowed it down to a few units. If I get a table top vaporizer for the home, it's between the Arizer Extreme Q, which looks like a traditional vape that can be used with a whip or a bag, and the Plenty by Storz and Bickel, which is whip only and looks like some sort of futuristic photon drill power tool but is a nice quality machine and made by the same company as the volcano. If I want to go portable, I think I've settled on the Ascent by Davinci. A little less sleek and stylish than the Pax but it looks easier to maintain and still packs a decent punch for a portable.

Any vape experts used any of these? The Plenty is really pushing what I'd want to spend on a vaporizer and I may just go with the Extreme Q because of that. So I guess I'm looking in the $250 price range, but may splurge a bit if the quality is really that much better.

In my experience the pax was incredibly easy to maintain. The liytle button that lights up on the inside got stuck a few times, but it still did its job in the end. Plus you really can't beat the warranty.

I have a Volcano and a Pax.  I purchased both through Hailxenu (Trichrome Seattle).  Hit him up if you need anything.

Anyways...  If I could go back in time I probably wouldn't purchase the Pax.  It's amazing for discreet, outdoor use, but for someone who smokes regularly I've found myself saying "am I high?" a few too many times.  In addition to that, I've experienced tongue bite and cleaning issues that just don't occur with the Volcano.  The Volcano works well and looks decent enough that my girlfriend begrudgingly lets me keep it out on a side table.  My only complaint is I would love to be able to use a whip with the volcano so in that sense the Arizer sounds like a good option.

Sorry if this doesn't help, but I'd say try before you buy if possible since all of these things are so different.

Anyways...  If I could go back in time I probably wouldn't purchase the Pax.  It's amazing for discreet, outdoor use, but for someone who smokes regularly I've found myself saying "am I high?"

i've only used vaporizers 2-3 times during my heavy smoking days and always kind of felt that way, but i'm thinking maybe they weren't dialed in right or i wasn't getting good hits or something. does a high end table top vaporizer still give you a strong high like smoking from a bong? i always hear 'it's different' but whether it's different or not, i still want it to be strong if i'm spending $200-300 on the thing. i guess since my tolerance is completely gone and i don't plan on doing any traditional smoking again it won't be much of a problem.

Edited by Rob060

i've only used vaporizers 2-3 times during my heavy smoking days and always kind of felt that way, but i'm thinking maybe they weren't dialed in right or i wasn't getting good hits or something. does a high end table top vaporizer still give you a strong high like smoking from a bong? i always hear 'it's different' but whether it's different or not, i still want it to be strong if i'm spending $200-300 on the thing. i guess since my tolerance is completely gone and i don't plan on doing any traditional smoking again it won't be much of a problem.

I really like the Volcano, and I'd say it's equivalent to traditional smoking.  The best thing is you can smoke the same bowl 6-7 times before it noticeably loses effectiveness.  The first bowl from the Volcano starts pretty subtle with a sweet, floral quality.  It'll lose the freshness by bowl 4 and by 7 it just doesn't really taste like much.  I start it on 5.5 and crank it up .5 per bag.  The Pax starts with more taste, but I didn't prefer it, personally.  It's definitely not bad, but just more syrupy.

will vouch for the extreme-q

i've had mine for awhile and it's been nothing but solid. i usually drop in like a half bowl's worth of shredded herb and that will fill the bag 3-4 times. temps go up each bag from 190-195-200, seems real easy to find good temps, you just gotta preheat up to like 230 before the first one.

fwiw, i pretty much only use bags. and the glass elbow is the same size as my bong so i go vape bag through bong like a boss. tbh the bong works well in stopping the vapor between hits because these bags don't have valves like the volcano's

also, the remote control is way cooler than i imagined

Edited by jayrock

extreme q is comparable to volcano in terms of vapour quality, if you like using the whip, I guess thats one plus to the extreme q. I remember hooking it up to a bong like jayrock mentioned, very smooth. I would probably go for an extreme q over a volcano especially if price matters to you. 

volcano does have a bigger bowl though if youd rather pack some fat bowls, maybe about twice the capacity. also extreme q parts are glass which means you have to be a bit more careful with it.

another one ill mention is the herbalaire, vapour quality comparable to volcano or extreme q, and maybe a bit more efficient, a very small amount goes a long way, if you care about getting the most out of your flowers.

if you're looking for something stealth and portable, pax is probably best in those categories but doesnt have nearly as good vapour production and taste imo. I personally use an arizer solo but portability on that is kind of bad because the mouthpiece is glass, taste and vapour quality is good though.

its really easy to torch it with a healthstone if you arent experienced with using it, the key is to heat it up to that perfect temp range which has a bit of a learning curve. Vaporgenie is a lowtech vape that works in basically the same way.

found this guy's channel when i was looking at reviews. they have a few reviews but a lot of other videos where they just get blazed and talk about random shit. some of them are pretty funny and makes me wish i had a canadian stoner friend. most of them start off with the guy lighting the joint then coughing but the way it's edited just makes me laugh every time.

Edited by Rob060

• 5 months later...

found this guy's channel when i was looking at reviews. they have a few reviews but a lot of other videos where they just get blazed and talk about random shit. some of them are pretty funny and makes me wish i had a canadian stoner friend. most of them start off with the guy lighting the joint then coughing but the way it's edited just makes me laugh every time.

this one's so good. good find lol

• 3 months later...

election bump

congrats to oregon, alaska, and washington d.c. on passing their recreational ticket items. http://www.hightimes.com/read/marijuana-wins-big-2014-elections

anyway, also bumping this because i picked up another portable vaporizer recently and it's dope.

http://www.amazon.com/O-penVAPE-DOPB-Battery-Charger-Black/dp/B00MOZ4ON8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415547608&sr=8-1&keywords=o.pen

just need some hash oil cartridges from a dispensary and it's good to go. actually dug my old vapor genie stone vaporizer out of my car because i'm out of oil right now, but these are both fairly legit portable vapes. i'd definitely recommend the o.pen vape over the vapor genie though if you're able to buy the cartridges. no buttons or lighters to deal with, battery lasts a couple days, and the hits are super quick and discreet.

fwiw, vapor genie only does flowers and o.pen vape can only do the hash oil cartridges

jIgRtvc.jpg

still use my desktop arizer exteme-q at home most of the time

Edited by jayrock

election bump

congrats to oregon, alaska, and washington d.c. on passing their recreational ticket items. http://www.hightimes.com/read/marijuana-wins-big-2014-elections

anyway, also bumping this because i picked up another portable vaporizer recently and it's dope.

http://www.amazon.com/O-penVAPE-DOPB-Battery-Charger-Black/dp/B00MOZ4ON8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415547608&sr=8-1&keywords=o.pen

just need some hash oil cartridges from a dispensary and it's good to go. actually dug my old vapor genie stone vaporizer out of my car because i'm out of oil right now, but these are both fairly legit portable vapes. i'd definitely recommend the o.pen vape over the vapor genie though if you're able to buy the cartridges. no buttons or lighters to deal with, battery lasts a couple days, and the hits are super quick and discreet.

fwiw, vapor genie only does flowers and o.pen vape can only do the hash oil cartridges

jIgRtvc.jpg

still use my desktop arizer exteme-q at home most of the time

I have one of those vapor genies and really like it. Its nice being able to use a lighter to really control it/also doubles as bowl