superFurniture / Objects / Lighting

Caps Lock

yea, I was just about to post this exact thread/ title but figured I'd better check...

I'm looking into purchasing some vintage eames chairs and what not..

Right now I'm looking into this vintage Eames armchair.

It's upholstered but my plan would be to rip the upholstery off to reveal that beautiful fiberglass and maybe even buy a set of new production rocker legs. I've seen some fiberglass models with new rocker legs go for like $600 lately, this would only cost me $200 or so

Since I still do not have my own spot, all I have to play around with is my bedroom. sadly I own too many things: books, games, clothing, etc that my space is very limited.

But this post is not for a book shelf or a storage unit. I am actually looking for a work desk. Something small but able to realistically hold two monitors on it with towers under it and still have space to write.

What style you looking for? price range? I mean I'm sure you can find something nice at Ikea, but there's plenty of options if you're looking to ball out. You could also find something nice and old on CL I'm sure.

I personal like minimalist desks with no drawers or anything

ie:

photo_gallery_enchord_desk_1?qlt=100&scl=1

That ones $750, but similar can be had for cheaper.

Thanks, that desk is super sick. Agree with the no drawers or anything, I keep a pencil case for writing stuff. Yeah, I did forget to put down a price. I am looking at 300USD max since I can't see myself spending too much for something that I fear I may end up trashing in a few years. Kind of just want to play around with something experimental but not bank-breaking. The desk I am using currently I have had for 10+ years and it is falling apart. Like whole pieces are coming off.

Also looking for some kind of stackable DVD storage for all *insert crazy number* all my videogames.

Spoona, that one kind of fits the bill. Not a huge fan of the hardwood top but I probably settle on getting that. Really want one of their vapor chairs. Taking a tour of DWR too.

I am going to look up on ebay for old library drawers to see if they can fit my games.

But if I had the fundz I'd shop at DWR and Room and Board exclusively...

someday....(doubtful)

I'm too psyched for my vintage fiberglass eames rocker to come tomorrow...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This place looks cool:

http://www.apartment...le-depot-048752

Anyone been?

Makes me wish I still lived in Southern California.

I feel like when places have so many nice mid-cent pieces, they are always way over priced. Flea-markets are the best, if you can wait until you see it. If you in a hurry to get something, it is a totally different thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hate to be that guy but can someone id the lamp/lantern above?

That is the Mayday light by Kronstantin Grcic which is interestingly similar to your superfuture name haha.

Link:http://www.dwr.com/p...rom=Search&cx=0

Edited by Zig_Zagidy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i inherited this replogle from my grandfather 

TTI3X0V.png

sD4SovM.png

the stand looks rather out of place in my home, so i keep it tucked away, but it's what sparked my interest in globes

i'd like to have a globe with a topographic surface in one of these stands

D5u3MQ4.png

Just get some ikea hardwood countertop cut to the size you wish and screw 4 hairpin legs to it. I guess you could also do the same for some lacquered countertop if hardwood is really not your thing.

Spoona, that one kind of fits the bill. Not a huge fan of the hardwood top but I probably settle on getting that. Really want one of their vapor chairs. Taking a tour of DWR too.

I am going to look up on ebay for old library drawers to see if they can fit my games.

Since I still do not have my own spot, all I have to play around with is my bedroom. sadly I own too many things: books, games, clothing, etc that my space is very limited.

But this post is not for a book shelf or a storage unit. I am actually looking for a work desk. Something small but able to realistically hold two monitors on it with towers under it and still have space to write.

I'm basically. in the same spot as Desi right now. In school and just have a small ass bedroom with a ton of stuff.  Right now it just looks bad because it's full of furniture I got for free and has no organization.

Does anyone have good examples or know where to look where I can find design ideas for small rooms and such?  I don't have much to drop so I'll probably go full ikea for now but I don't want to spend any money until I have an idea of what I want to do. Probably going to post this in superliving as well at some poiint.

Edited by ShakeEmUp

• 1 month later...