superFurniture / Objects / Lighting

Caps Lock

Very nice gimme. I like the Elena armchair. I notice you have quite a few things from B&B Italia; What do you think about thier furniture?

I like B&B a lot (as you can probably tell)...however, they raise their prices at least 2 or 3 times a year since they were bought by another company (who also bought various others). Not that they were cheap before, but now they're downright ridiculous.

The quality is insane...my sofa must weigh at least 200 lbs., and as light as they look, the dining chairs are about 20lbs. each. I guess I equate weight with quality sometimes.

Oh...and I got the armchair for $500CDN in that tacky blue...and I purchased a new cover for it (for 7x the price).

www.bebitalia.it for those that aren't familiar.

yeah man... if i went through my apt, it'd be more like

"and this is my new table stand from ikea! the koevvvoingisang!"

"this... this is the nightlamp i found used a stoop sale!... it's a gooseneck!"

I married rich then divorced...now all those nice things are in a ghetto apartment in a scary neighbourhood.

• 4 months later...
someone I know just got this Breuer chair

downloadgw7.jpg

i think the Bibliochair is horrible

ha not keen on the seat colour of the bibliochair but then i wouldn't buy a wicker deck chair myself.

a lot of design furniture seems impractical to me

wassilychair.jpg

bought a wassily chair for my Dad a few years ago beautiful but uncomfortable

Funny you started this thread, peteyross, I've been looking for a new desk lamp myself. I think the leaf light is the more distinctive of the two you're considering. I'm looking for a task lamp like an anglepoise or luxo. Scanning ebay cuz I don't want to pay $300 for a damp incandescent task lamp.

I like the bourgie as well, but I think I'd rather have that in my home than office.

f6996rc3.jpg

bought a wassily chair for my Dad a few years ago beautiful but uncomfortable

wassily chair is a little too busy for me but i can see it working in certain rooms. i'm surprised it's uncomfortable, most Breuer designed chairs I sat on were very comfortable including the "wicker deck chair" :D

All my nice furniture came courtesy of designing for Herman Miller & Geiger a few years ago.

p.s. I also still want this piece from kartell, we had one in our old office and I just love the profile of it...

KartellLissoni_photo2_t346.jpg