superFurniture / Objects / Lighting

Caps Lock

• 4 months later...

Martin Baas work has often been posted, I like the idea (you take iconic designs and burn them) but the end result is not as interesting as pictures make it out to be, still some cool shots:

Gaudi chair:

200611214543gaudiminifq9.jpg

2006112144614gaudiminijpt8.jpg

Mackintosh chair:

200611214554hillhousemidt1.jpg

Classic design:

2006530184623smokechairpk8.jpg

I'm enjoying Haima Hayon's latest bits and bobs; at first he appears a little gimmicky but he's got a great eye for form and references well. He's already shown he can design across the disciplines in a very short space of time and is happy enough in a bunny suit. He's also succeeded in creating the only shoe from Camper that I like.

There are lots of good things being done with Rapid Prototyping from Materialise and Industreal who are looking at the environmental damge caused by freight and what could happen if you take transport out of the design equasion. Eero Aarnio has always appealed to me and I'd love to get my hands on him for a chat for the mag. Sixixis are a cracking little company doing incredible, sculptural things with bent wood. Others we've been looking at recently include Form Us With Love, Jantze Brogård Asshoff, Kithkin and Soda.

• 2 weeks later...
I need to fill my living room up. It's completely empty. I just have a plan for a flatscreen lol. Do any of you guys wall mount? I have that common fear of it just falling off the wall.

I have mine on this (just the lower portion):

2edo2hi.jpg

When you wallmount, you have to deal with cord management, etc. Okay if you own the place, but a hassle if you're renting.

IMO, all you need is a tv and a sofa. Instead of spending your whole budget on a bunch of small, cheap shit, use all of it on your sofa and get the best one you can afford. Then later on you can add a coffee/side table and a lounge chair.

Do you have a budget/goal?

2edo2hi.jpg

When you wallmount, you have to deal with cord management, etc. Okay if you own the place, but a hassle if you're renting.

IMO, all you need is a tv and a sofa. Instead of spending your whole budget on a bunch of small, cheap shit, use all of it on your sofa and get the best one you can afford. Then later on you can add a coffee/side table and a lounge chair.

wallmounting is actually really easy IF you have wood studs. otherwise, you have to add an additional support base to the wall. my friend put a walnut 5 x 5 plank on his otherwise white walls and it looks really good.

far as cords, you just drill into the wall and use an anchor to drop it to the other side or whatever. i am not handy but was able to do it in an hour.

wallmounting is actually really easy IF you have wood studs. otherwise, you have to add an additional support base to the wall. my friend put a walnut 5 x 5 plank on his otherwise white walls and it looks really good.

far as cords, you just drill into the wall and use an anchor to drop it to the other side or whatever. i am not handy but was able to do it in an hour.

I guess it all depends on how's you're hooking your tv up. One HDMI cable and its easy, but if you have the 5 million cords I have attached to my tv (computer, dvd, cable, etc.) it gets more complicated. I use component cables and they're really thick too.

Anyway, wall mounting is a decent option...but you still have to have somewhere to store your components, so you may as well throw your tv on top of whatever you use and save the hassle.

My 2 cents.

2edo2hi.jpg

Well not really I fell in love with this leather overstuffed sofa at Jennifer leather , but i have to bring it upstairs. The one i like is 100 inches by 38. I need to do the measurements of my old couch cuz that was a bitch to take down. A lot of that [Ross] PIVOT! [Ross]

This is the color of my walls basically this the layout too..the kitchen placement as well.. well its almost identical to Yardsdale's he just has an extra door to the right.

Yard's living room

1605762331_4dd0484b7a.jpg

• 1 month later...

much needed bump....

can anyone recommend a site where i can order ...

tables and chairs that you would find, say, in an industrial designer's office or loft.

sort of like dwr stuff but a little cheaper.

stuff that i can work on, like an office table for my computer but something that i could also do some drafting on..hope that makes sense.

hip. can't believe i just used that word.

***actually looking for the ClassiCon Pallas table for immediate purcahse online. if anyone knows where i can get it, please respond!

http://www.classicon.com/classicon,Tables,Pallas,en,90,13.html

I have to admit to having a LOVE for the likes of Matthew Hilton's furniture.

We have both his Balzac chair & Ottoman and his Baude chair, both made by SCP and in my opinion both modern classics.

Balzac in untreated russet leather:

LE.0407-66.jpg

Baude in grey boucle: armchairs_baude_md.jpg

Others you may wish to look at are furniture made by the likes of Vitra, who have some wonderful designs made under license.

A fave of mine that I really want but need to build an extension to fit more stuff in is the Polder sofa by Dutch designer Hella Jongerius for Vitra.

12-5-jongerius1.jpg

......things can start getting a bit pricy after a while putting together your living room !

• 3 years later...

we have a lot of threads for room/spaces/apartments, but none for all the shit in it. whether functional / designer / whatever.

this thread is cool, but specifically for modern stuff and also from 2007.

here's an image dump to start it off

The Shrine by Sigurd Larsen

3_sigurd-larsenshrine-3-xs.jpg

stupid, but I would really like to replicate this rim

TheWorldState_2006_01.jpg

mike lowrey american apparel american apparel mike lowrey american apparel

table03.jpg

magrack01.jpg

Lean-on.jpg

dat rams

IMG_2802-1-450x300.jpg

IMG_2831-1-450x300.jpg