Grown Man Starch

ChadR

So, I like my jeans pretty stiff (insert requisite erection joke here). After having spent like $10-15 dollars on starch, it seemed kinda stupid to go through a can a week (or half a week, depending on my mood). So whatever, I go to my ACME (local grocery store, pretty nice) and buy this stuff called Lin-it. It comes in a white laundry detergent bottle and is liquid starch. You just cut it with however much water you want in a spray bottle (using pure Lin-it makes it totally unplyable). So basically, you can get you jeans a stiff as you want on the cheap (3.19) for a long time (it's lasted me a good month already) and yeah, thats it. Check it out.

Quote:
Quote:

Wow, where are you buying starch from? The stuff I buy at Target costs around $1.20 per can.

--- Original message by sway on Jul 11, 2005 09:40 PM

i only buy bape starch.

--- Original message by woejozney on Jul 12, 2005 10:31 AM

Haha, just make sure you dont' buy any off eBay though, they're all fake.

you guys and your starch. you achieve essentially the same effect by hang drying.

but i don't wash - just spray some starch (mostly water anyway) and hang dry like you said - just to keep the crinkles crinkled

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

my friends that arent interested in denim think i am crazy spending that much when theres 40usd levis and would shake their heads when i say that i'm not intending to wash my jeans for at least 6 months. how do you guys who have similar experience deal with it? explain to them? or what?

it's easy man, i just pull my prized jeans out and show them. they'll immediately realize that these jeans are something special. they are products of love and patient. if they don't get it, i will not waste time explaining it to them. it's personnal and no one needs to know.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif