Removing superglue

jake snake

Sup_

I spilled a shitload of superglue all over my two month old sammis. Now I have a palm sized superglue stain that wont come off and is the exact same color as a cum stain. I tried pouring acetone on it, putting it in the washer on warm, and scraping it off, but it doesnt seem like anything is working. I'm going to try rubbing alcohol next. Any suggestions?

This is pretty awesome.

Dude that sucks.

Same shit just happened to me last week! I think we are SOL.

I am just gonna grow to love it even though it looks like a huge cum stain.

Funny thing happened was when it spilled I jumped up and tried to pat it down

with a tissue cause it was smoking! Then some of the tissue got stuck on it.

Thats some powerful shit.

Peace.

The following is from the super glue web site:

Removing Super Glue

Super Glue is renowned the world over for the strength of its bonds, it versatility of use, and easy application. Whether a hole needs a seal or a crack needs repairing, Super Glue is the first thing that craftspersons, hobbyists, and contractors use for all their construction or repair needs.

Because Super Glue is so strong and bonds so fast, some people may find that they have accidentally glued two fingers together, or found that that small piece of balsa wood or plastic from a model they were building has completely bonded to their skin! Not to worry, for even though Super Glue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone.

Acetone is often found in household nail polish remover, and a small amount on the end of a Q-tip or cotton swab applied directly to the glue should dissolve the bond without damaging the skin. Be very cautious in gently peeling the skin apart as in removing a bandage from the skin; pulling the skin apart may rip the skin! Read the label to make sure that the remover actually contains acetone, as more and more manufacturers are turning away from the chemical because of the growing popularity of acrylic nails (which are loosened by acetone).

Be careful - straight acetone will discolor a number of fabrics and can mar the finish of laminated counter tops (mainly the darker colored ones). Straight Acetone defats the skin; wash with soap and water after use and apply hand lotion to replenish the skin and remove any dryness effects. Use acetone sparingly and cautiously with these tips in the following situations:

Clothing/Fabrics

Use acetone and an old toothbrush, reapplying the acetone a number of times and brushing to remove it layer-by-layer. Work on outside and then on inside. May not come off entirely.

Yeah,i have this problem on a pair of Levis 513s and the lady was supposed to shorten the cuffs and used a bonding stuff instead of stitching them.Now it shows up at the bottoms of the jeans and looks horrible.I have tried scraping it off but to no use.I also am desperate to find out about how to remove the stuff bar shortening them any more.

One time my sister spilled superglue on the counter and didn't clean it up, so my dad brought home some superglue remover from work and it took it off fairly well. If I can find it in the garage I'll post more info later. If I remember correctly it was made by the same company that made the superglue, but I'm not sure if you can buy it...

Any kind of organic solvent will dissolve superglue. Other than nail polish remover (which is watered-down acetone,) you might try other highly volatile organic liquids like gasoline, kerosine, turpentine, stuff with an -ane, -ene, or -ine ending will probably be good.

Any kind of organic solvent will dissolve superglue. Other than nail polish remover (which is watered-down acetone,) you might try other highly volatile organic liquids like gasoline, kerosine, turpentine, stuff with an -ane, -ene, or -ine ending will probably be good.

kerosene might work. turpentine (paint thinner) will almost certainly work.

this shit is all disgusting though. also, the fumes are dangerous, don't breathe them.

oh yeah I was going to mention this, but yeah, you should try the solvent on a little spot that is inconspicuous first. This way you can be sure that the indigo will not dissolve too much