Sign in to follow this  
fadingblue

arizona

continuing my quest to find any arizona superfuturians.

i guess this is the right place to put it in.

Tucson at heart, Boston at school. I miss eegees.

MMM Eegees epitomizes the SuFu lifestyle.

HammerHill, where did you go to HS?

my family grew up in Tucson. I still have an uncle and grandparents that live in the foothills. My uncle owns a frozen yogurt shop somewhere. Tucson has a great Natural Foods Co-Op downtown.

has anyone ever lived in chandler? i might be getting a job out there

pondering the move west.

its a suburban wasteland. You will count the days until you move somewhere better or get trapped in mediocrity and not notice.

its a suburban wasteland. You will count the days until you move somewhere better or get trapped in mediocrity and not notice.

why do you say that?

its right outside of phoenix so i figured it could be cool.

lots of hotties? (thats what i hear)

i like blondes. but yeah is the nightlife,etc in phoenix dead?

i hear very differing opinons!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoenix-area/6842-really-hell-should-i-move-phoenix.html

I should be flying out there next week, hopefully that will help me make a decision.

it's not a bad place. depends on what you want really. I have 2 friends that moved out there and this was the 3rd time I went out to see them, I had a good time. Girls are a bit vain though....I overheard a girl talking literally saying "So....you have money?"

spent a week in phoneix and thought it was very boring. all the streets look the same, the mall was down right thuggish. i like tuscon. univ. of arizona nightlife is a good time. i think the girl to guy ratio is 2 to 1. the frog & firkin is a fav bar/restaurant of mine.

ive actually spent alot more time in tucson cause i had some friends down there

i enjkoyed that as well.

Yeah, Tucson is a neat town if you know where to go. Bisbee and Flagstaff are also really fun. Phoenix is soulless, though, and ASU probably has the ugliest campus in the US.

im flying out next week

any recommendations as to what to see/do?

Damn, I didn't realize there were so many people from Tucson...

Just a random recommendation, one of the few good shops in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area (until the Barney's opens) is Covet. It's off of Scottsdale Rd. near Fashion Square in Old Town. Solid stock and the owners a really nice guy.

And Chandler's not too horrible. I live right near there and it's incredibly residential, but ok. Not too many bars unless you're looking for local dives and the nightlife in Tempe/Scottsdale in general is lacking. Lot's of shallow girls and pretentious business types...

yea so just got back. phx is cool but not too exciting. thats about it. asu has some hotties rolling around.

oh in the scottsdale fashiion whatever, theres a store that sells nudies and all kinds of sufu ness. nice collective, trovata,etc etc. nice high quality shit,