Shrinking cotton t-shirts

Pie.cr

I have some t-shirts in my closet which fit a bit too unflattering large for me. They could pass but i would like them to fit a bit more, well, fitted.

If i soak them in warm/hot water, and tumble dry em on high degree would these shrink enough? I believe they are 100% cotton.

I remember washing one on 40 degrees and hang dry but it didn't shrink....

search? Small Questions thread...?

its so easy,

take shirt, turn it inside out, using pins (from any drug store), determine how close to your torso you want them, mark with said pin. use 3-4 pins per side running from your armpit to the end seem.

go to a sewing machine, if you dont have one, your mom does, or one of your girlfriends friends does. most schools also have one around, just ask.

run a simple line from the armpit to the end of the shirt following the pins like "connect the dots", as you go past the pins, remove them.

turn shirt right-side out, you have a hidden stitch. cut excess fabric off on the inside. if you are doing this to a vintage shirt, say something you might not want to totally destroy, dont cut off the excess, you can remove the stitch to return the shirt to original size.

if you cant do that, then your girlfriend or mom could. its so simple.