Rick Owens Menswear S/S 08 "Creatch"

goldengloves

What do you mean?

gg, it was a reference to posts #1 & #13 of this thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=32483

cotton are you refering to those bad azz black and white hi-tops? I think you gotta have really skinny calves/ankles/whatevs, but i might have to seriously consider even at their ghastly prices... I they're so sick.

dear rick owens,

perhaps if you spent some time outside the gym and outside of your corpse bride, you would have the time to come up with something NEW once in a while. something "NEW" pertains to t-shirts, slim jackets, pull on bottoms, or side tab boots that i could NOT have purchased from several of your past seasons. it's not that i dont like this collection, because i do, that is, as much as a person can like something all the while still being bored with it. i loved your f/w 05 collection, fyi. you know, the one where you had a MEN'S RUNWAY SHOW? and a gorgeous leather with plaid cut-outs; a piece that was actually seasonally DISTINCT? yea, THAT ONE.

<3 (still for now) chris.

ps, your sneakers are overpriced.

Alright so I'll play Devil's advocate for a minute just so we all can keep some conversation going..

Rick Owens has stated in interviews that he wants to keep the brands continuity through out the different seasons so with this in mind, I usually don't expect for anything too far from the norm/past. I will say though, that this collection, minus the footwear which has all been done before, there are really no run-over pieces (okay, the t-shirt and blazer), everything seems to be new cuts, new styles, with the similar fabric choices.

I look forward to the fact that Owens has kept the look undeniably his own while tweaking certain things along the way. An example of this would be last seasons (SS07) combat lace up boots; For Fall/Winter 07-08 they have got a complete overall with more reinforced leather in areas and a more structured sole. It still may 'look' like the same shoe, but there are still improvements there.

As far as the model goes; He's used this guy in pretty much every lookbook up untill now. SS06, FW06, the list goes on, and he certainly fits into that awkward, freaky, interesting look Owens is known for.

thats cool if he wants to keep doing what he does [very] well, but i mean, would anyone in the right mind buy several pieces from his collections season after season if he's only making, at times, miniscule changes to something they've already purchased before? is darkanimal going to buy another pair of the combat boots again this season? i hope not. i still like rick owens because his clothes are cut so ridiculously well, and he really does put out some beautiful pieces, but im hardly ever blown away. i feel that he can never do what ann can do for me, and that's sort of a dissapointing thing to say about a designer.

Chris- I agree completely. Ann evokes a whole difference of feelings as well as CCP for myself.

The only reason I think he keeps making the shoes, boots, tees, and such is because yea, people do buy them over and over. Maybe not season to season, but maybe a year or two after. Watch what he says in the A/W women's collection show.

mnfJHBSpp-U

rickowens102ro2.jpg

now looking back at this, I agree. its partly the styling and the photos, but still, this had a completely different vibe. but with that said, I still believe theres gonna be some great pieces in 08 as well. but thinking of this as a showcased collection, its not exactly what it could be.

surprised that no one said anything about the sneakers yet, is everybody blocking them out of the image?

they were the first thing i noticed. i think they are sick, as is most of the collection.

thats cool if he wants to keep doing what he does [very] well, but i mean, would anyone in the right mind buy several pieces from his collections season after season if he's only making, at times, miniscule changes to something they've already purchased before? is darkanimal going to buy another pair of the combat boots again this season? i hope not. i still like rick owens because his clothes are cut so ridiculously well, and he really does put out some beautiful pieces, but im hardly ever blown away. i feel that he can never do what ann can do for me, and that's sort of a dissapointing thing to say about a designer.

yeah maybe he'll take a cue from ann and put out a fucking ching-a-ling collection based on something fucking retarded like cubism or cubes and shapes and gay art shit nobody cares about. GAYYY! no obviously ann is a thousand times better, but i kind of like ricks inabitlity to THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX (thats another jab at retarded gay cubist art collections, ann) its like the first time i went to newyork, and my girlfriend was like "im bored of just shopping and drinking all day lets do something NEW like go to THE MET" so we went and after like two seconds i was like 'oh great, VAN GOUGH...lets fucking van GO somewhere else and get fucking trashed." the moral of the story, id rather be bored and dressed well than have to see another dumb collection like anns dumd dada s/s 08 ever again.

yea, but i bet if your girlfriend were like, lets go do something new, like, DRINK, FUCK AND SHOP[LIFT] ALL AT THE SAME TIME (or, i dont know, something else fun that straight couples dont normally do), you'd be like, WHOA, that was different, well worth it, and NOT boring at all! (ann, s/s 07?)

ps, boring and well dressed can be exclusive from one another. i sincerely hope 'inabilitiy to think outside of the box' isnt some crazy next level shit.

yea, but i bet if your girlfriend were like, lets go do something new, like, DRINK, FUCK AND SHOP[LIFT] ALL AT THE SAME TIME (or, i dont know, something else fun that straight couples dont normally do), you'd be like, WHOA, that was different, well worth it, and NOT boring at all! (ann, s/s 07?)

ps, boring and well dressed can be exclusive from one another. i sincerely hope 'inabilitiy to think outside of the box' isnt some crazy next level shit.

aha we actually kind of shop lift all the time; mostly cheese -- that shit is so expensive. no i understand, u want to be blown away and i think our boy rick is capabale of achieveing that NEXT LEVEL...but i hate these fucking radiohead designers that try to do something different and just come out with annoying stupid ugly shit. more over, u already pointed out the obvious motive behind switching shit up: increased BOTTOM LINE REVENUE. rather than actually great design a lot of the time. but yeah ann s/s 07 is MY FAVORITE COLLECTION of all time ever by far...still i didnt find it was too much of a stretch for ann. while my expectations were unusually high, it was still kind of basically what i was expecting.