Moccasins

meditation

I'm looking for a style of shoe similar to a moccasin. Gotta have that fat stitch around the top edge with the top surface sitting lower than the stitch. IIRC a friend had a skate shoe in that style with a cross hatch fabric, however I'm looking for something a little more dressy. Leather (maybe brown) would be cool. Anyway I've found nothing so anyones informed input is appreciated.

Good starting point Corbin. I'm looking more towards a not so narrow shoe that's darker brown, with a more natural look and maybe a bit of distress. Almost definite it'd have to be a flat one piece sole rather than the two piece with the elevated heel, if not that then not such a big one as that picture. I'm sure I've seen what I'm imagining IRL before, I just can't remember where. Charades are fun.

Tod's are great. I have a lovely tan pair, and they have some stunning Ferrari ones that are sadly beyond my means. HOWEVER, loads of people seem to be doing TOd's copies now, and Banana Republic have an acceptable moccasin in very soft tan suede for $60 that is pretty well made, I have a pair for loafing around the house, and will buy another when I'm back in the US...

here's the real deal. THe Gommini is Tod;s definitive moccasin. They look better in the flesh - softer, more casual. Personally I prefer suede, but it's totally impractical, apart from a quick jaunt in the coupé, a cross-channel dash in the yacht, or reclining in club class...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod17260118&parentId=cat7420734&masterId=cat5100733&index=3&cmCat=