Oak menswear F/W 07-08

goldengloves

the trashed sneakers do scream HALLO I'M FROM BILLYBURG, WANNA SEE AN ART SHOW?, i can do without them for sure. actually, i hate mega-dirty sneakers.

as for the overall aesthetic, what i see here is a few things that will be really versatile outside of the context this shoot puts them in, and that's what i'm down for.

Thank you. I'm tryin' to update here as much as possible especially since Fall collections are rolling in and it's definitely my favorite time of the year.

I agree about the shoes. If he had some beat black boots, I think it would definitely kick it up a notch.

Fall collections are rolling in and it's definitely my favorite time of the year.

hear, hear.

its not that i hate s/s, but i can't pull off most s/s looks, because i am hilariously uncomfortable in warmer weather, and layering this shirt and that allegedly light sweater

or whatever does NOT work. ever.

fall = fashion, in my book.

hear, hear.

its not that i hate s/s, but i can't pull off most s/s looks, because i am hilariously uncomfortable in warmer weather, and layering this shirt and that allegedly light sweater

or whatever does NOT work. ever.

fall = fashion, in my book.

Who is the Ventriloquist, and who is the dummy?

I can do S/S Alaska, but that's about it.

The quality of their garments is pretty good - I own a couple of the double pocket button downs from s/s 07, and for $110 they aren't bad. The fit is not spot on, but hopefully they will work that out in subsequent seasons. Can't speak to the coats or any of this other newness.

the trashed sneakers do scream HALLO I'M FROM BILLYBURG, WANNA SEE AN ART SHOW?, i can do without them for sure. actually, i hate mega-dirty sneakers.

as for the overall aesthetic, what i see here is a few things that will be really versatile outside of the context this shoot puts them in, and that's what i'm down for.

BILLYBURG BILLYBURG BILLY BURGY BULLY BURG JESUS I LOVE

BIILLLLLYYYYYBUUUUUURGGGG

sorry i just love it when people call it that.

The quality of their garments is pretty good - I own a couple of the double pocket button downs from s/s 07, and for $110 they aren't bad. The fit is not spot on, but hopefully they will work that out in subsequent seasons. Can't speak to the coats or any of this other newness.

yah. I cant wait to see in person some of their new pieces... Got two pair of skinny jeans from them glad they fit me well and didnt stretch. Their tees are cut nicely and made in USA.

So I shouldn't move to Williamsburg? :)

please do, and add a touch of class to the general air of entitlement and 'so, what's cool

for the next 24 hours?' that seems to hang like a plague over the area.

Haha. Well it's definitely a place I've been looking at, simply because it is actually somewhat affordable!

BTW, is Oak located in Brooklyn?

Yeah...

One small shop in Park Slope, and another larger (I'm guessing, cause I've never been) joint in The Burg.

I like Williamsburg alot more now that I no longer live there.

It's good for a night out. And a few bars in particular have rivers of "loose women" flowing out their doors come 4:00am if thats your thing.

It's good for a night out. And a few bars in particular have rivers of "loose women" flowing out their doors come 4:00am if thats your thing.

Yeah, Williamsburg is home of the sluttiest bars in New York - Union Pool for instance, where you'll have an easier time bagging mid-western wannabes in leggings than you would an a Wal-Mart in Omaha.

There are already a billion companies like this; NdG et. al. - we don't really need another.

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are riding along through the sagebrush when suddenly about a million Indians come riding over the hill. Our two heroes are soon surrounded, and things look bad for them. The Lone Ranger turns to Tonto and says, "Tonto, we're surrounded. What are we going to do?" Tonto turns to the Lone Ranger and replies, "What you mean 'we,' white man?"

This tasteless snippet of humor tends to pop into my mind whenever someone talks in terms of "we" when discussing fashion.

I give them credit for wanting to expand, but how do Gap-esque looking jackets and buffalo check shirts make it a good collection? It doesn't take genius to come up with something like this. I guess if I wanted like every other person off the(their) block, I guess this is the place to go.

Yeah...

One small shop in Park Slope, and another larger (I'm guessing, cause I've never been) joint in The Burg.

I like Williamsburg alot more now that I no longer live there.

list names of said bars, i will travel