A.p.c. F/w 08.09

Gabriel

RS quality has never been stellar but most of the time better than apc.

heh yeah but the shirts cost $300+ instead of $120 and most of that shit is made in china, macedonia, romania...makes branquinho seem like a bargain.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since diesel i think it's crazy $$ for whatever quality...only 75% off for me.

I think the quality is great. What in your opinion is of higher quality in the same range that you would spend money on? I don't usually pay retail for anything unless it is something very special.

heh yeah but the shirts cost $300+ instead of $120 and most of that shit is made in china, macedonia, romania...makes branquinho seem like a bargain.

Of course it's going to cost more, not really rocket science there. I'm fine with europe and yes vb is pricey but I don't mind dropping chips on her stuff. It does add up quick, especially the A line knits.

I think the quality is great. What in your opinion is of higher quality in the same range that you would spend money on? I don't usually pay retail for anything unless it is something very special.

Of course it's going to cost more, not really rocket science there. I'm fine with europe and yes vb is pricey but I don't mind dropping chips on her stuff. It does add up quick, especially the A line knits.

quality of margiela depends on the piece definitely, they make so much stuff and some of it is really nice. some of line 14 is good i think especially. the pricing is erratic and it's guess i'm probably just frustrated at the pricing and quality decline of clothes in general in the last few years. production management is tough but not that tough.

I agree and in all fairness everyone's buys are so different since he makes so much. The reason I have been impressed because I've seen some of his nicer shit but the pricing is odd, 500 for super dope line 10 pants that were lined. I swore they were 14 before I picked them up however. I'm picking up a black/ash heather v neck for fall, a jacquard knit beanie, satin/wool scarf and maybe those pants because there is no substitute for those that I've seen, he's done it best.

i have 2 big complaints about this collection:

#1 is the model from SS08 blew my mind and i want her back.

#2 is the perennial favorite: where are the black denim new cures?

other than that: the stuff is nice, i like the wool hat, but i think i'll get the kangol version.

k

-tt

Checked out part of the fall line at the LA store today. They don't have any of the mens shoes or sweaters in yet.

Sgt. Pepper Jacket is not nearly as loud in person. I didn't know it was corduroy. Still wasn't my style though.

The parka is super long and thus difficult to sit/move around in, buttons feel kinda cheap, and the faux wool lining sheds a lot. Yet, it's very fitted and has a nice silhouette for such a warm jacket...

The half-trench (not pictured on the website) got my attention, though. It's chic but doesn't fit as slim around the midsection as I would have expected. Hmmm.

I kinda liked a few things but wasn't sold on anything.

i have 2 big complaints about this collection:

#1 is the model from SS08 blew my mind and i want her back.

-tt

i think you mean SS07...and that would be sigrid...she's more into DJing than modelling at the moment, saw her the other night, she cut her hair...