party party party

nicole

the neptunes are 2 producers pharrell williams and chad hugo that came from nowhere to be the biggest thing in music. they started out producing hip hop and adding some fresh sounds and doing amazing work with ol' dirty bastard's "got ya money" (one of my favourite songs), jay-z, kelis among other artists. their most interesting work came when they took the hip hop sound (and attitude) to commerical pop superstars like britney (we all loved "ima slave 4u"), nysnc, and then turning everything around by bringing a pop aesthetic to hip hop superstars like snooop dogg's "beautiful", nellie's "hot in herre", jay-z, et al. they love michael jackson and wrote an album for him, but he didnt like it so they gave it to justin timberlake who has turned into the new white mj. to put it in context, the neptues are now more famous than the rockstars they are producing. having a neptunes seal means the song is a number one hit.

as producers they didnt just bring a fresh sound to hip-hop, then bring hip-hop to pop, and then pop to hip-hop, but they also stepped to the other side and became the actual artist with their group n.e.r.d (with another guy clipse). here they were singing, songwriting, and also producing where they infused hip-hop with pop with rock with soul with funk with jazz into something really unique, all made even better with lyrics like "you can't be me - i'm a rock star - i'm rhyming on the top of a cop car". i saw them last year in LA and they were total rockstars... especially pharrel.... jay-z calls him pha-real because he is for real.

wayne, these guys are the new van mccoy. check them out if you can. sorry for the long post. i am quite a fan! (blush)

http://www.n-e-r-d.com/

pharrell_tour_Philly.jpg

nerdgallery_09-nerdgallery_.jpg

nicole... yeah! i would love to go.

are they playing anywhere else?

lets try to lure pharrel into our world.

oh.. the other big party on this weekend is the super secret [DELETED]. if only i could get an invitation to that. when is that?

Edited by Administrator on Oct 30, 2003 at 12:31 AM

To the Tokyo heads, I was wondering if anything was going on in Tokyo between November 22-30th. I will be there during this time and I'm wondering if there is anything that I MUST check out while im there as of events/parties/shows. I was in Tokyo about a year ago so I have somewhat of an idea of where things are and how to get around. I know that the Resfest & the Tokyo Filmex festivals are taking place at these times. Any info or news of anything going on besides these events would be greatly appreciated. Peace.