What're these tufts of cotton on my jeans?

sway

I'm breaking in a pair of dry jeans, and I noticed that after about 2 weeks of wear, they're starting to develop these tiny balls of blue cotton in certain areas... they're probably each like the size of a pinhead. I've included a pic of what they look like.

What causes this to happen, and is this "normal"? Will they just naturally fall off after a while?

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7713/img23287oo.jpg

Edited by sway on Jul 9, 2005 at 05:08 PM

Edited by sway on Jul 9, 2005 at 05:09 PM

btw - i'm a huge nudie convert... as much as i like my APC's, i think the nudie RR dry's are better. and to top it off, i got them for a lot less too.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote:

Those are dead giveaways that you've got dual ringspun cotton. Trust me, it's a good thing. That is some very nice denim, I must add. What are they, Nudie RR Dry Selvages?

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Jul 9, 2005 07:09 PM

Bingo. My APCs also developed the slubs, although not as many.

I'm definitely diggin' these Nudie's more than the APCs though. The denim feels nicer and I like the color better too. Not sure what to do with the APCs, as there's hardly any chance to wear them now. Maybe I'll get back to them after I'm done breaking in the Nudie's.

Quote:

what do the two of you find better in Nudie's? Is it the fact that the denim is thicker (13.5oz)?

I don't own a pair of Nudie's but I think APC is more my style

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 12, 2005 10:39 AM

I'm not a real denim geek, so I don't know any of the technical stuff, but to me, the Nudie's actually feel thinner (I didn't know that the denim was thicker than APC). The Nudie's also feel softer and "smoother". I also like the color better... it's a deep/dark indigo, while the APC's looks more blue. I also like the orange stitching... it adds a nice contrast to the dark color. And I like the cut better too, since it's more of a bootcut, while my APC English look very straight-leg.

One thing positive about the APCs is that I think they might actually last longer than the Nudie's, since they feel thicker.

The RR are more shiney than the APC's NS but I kinda like the stiching on my APC's better than the orage stiching on the RRs. Too bad Nudies only cost like $270 in store or I would have bought Nudies instead.