Backpacks

ag229487

Anybody got experience with DSPTCH Daypack please? Is it worth the money? There are some similar looking packs that are a lot cheaper. Any better suggestions around this price point?

I love mine. I've carried it every day for the last year and have taken it on several cross-country trips as my only bag. It's a bit heavy, but it also feels bombproof and still looks more or less new.

I know they've updated it and made a few small tweaks since I got one and as far as I know they fixed the only complaint I had - which was the zippered pocket inside the front compartment which was a bit hard to access. It's not a huge thing, but it was slightly annoying so it's nice they've fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love mine. I've carried it every day for the last year and have taken it on several cross-country trips as my only bag. It's a bit heavy, but it also feels bombproof and still looks more or less new.

I know they've updated it and made a few small tweaks since I got one and as far as I know they fixed the only complaint I had - which was the zippered pocket inside the front compartment which was a bit hard to access. It's not a huge thing, but it was slightly annoying so it's nice they've fixed it.

i pretty much have the same thoughts. great bag, but the zippered pocket is a fucking headache - no idea how they thought that was good design.

Carryology has some good content.

This backpack has hidden molle bits on it and you can buy a separate back suspension panel for more ventilation:

Kez_Bla2_large.jpg?v=1430772426

Kez5_large.jpg?v=1430772428

http://www.boreasgear.com/collections/super-tramp/products/kezar

Damn good bloody good damn good backpack/duffel bag design:

award-display.jpg

ael008-3x.2.jpg

http://www.alchemy-equipment.com/collections/luggage/carry-on.html

Edited by TIMDOT

Has anybody heard about Master-Piece Brand from Japan?

It's a good brand. All high quality materials used. If you've never handled Cordura fabric, it's essentially a synthetic canvas. Very robust carefree material used in a whole range of $$-$$$ products.

Has anybody heard about Master-Piece Brand from Japan?

I copped the Master-Piece Hedge in Blue off Grailed. It's super awesome, on par quality wise with other Japanese brands. The only thing is that they have very minimal internal pockets (in mine at least). 

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have any input on dsptch daypack and ruckpack? need a new daily for school and some light traveling, and maybe occasional hikes. would i be able to get by with the daypack, or should i opt for the ruckpack? anyone have any other similar backpack suggestions?

Has anyone actually used cuben fiber ITT? Considering a cuben fiber bag to replace my slowly dying 6 year old SAG, but I don't want to get one if it ends up being too fragile for daily usage. I've heard varying reports on how the long term durability is.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone actually used cuben fiber ITT? Considering a cuben fiber bag to replace my slowly dying 6 year old SAG, but I don't want to get one if it ends up being too fragile for daily usage. I've heard varying reports on how the long term durability is.

Yes. Love it. I've been using a cuben bag hard for years climbing, scrambling, and hiking. It takes on a patina for sure (creasing, colouration), but wears much longer than you might expect upon handling the material. Currently waiting for this:

Daypack-for-blog-email-1024x684.jpg

I really wanted a leather one from mansur gavriel but lately it's been a b to get an order through...

Plus I need one that I can throw around, so I ended up with one from dsptch.

22860877025_01f0278775_z_d.jpg

I kind of have a love/hate thing going on with all the nifty pockets inside. Bright side, it matches with everything easily, for most days when I'm bummin it. When I'm not, I still have my purses.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/779/22834803576_cb2d08247f_z_d.jpg

Yes. Love it. I've been using a cuben bag hard for years climbing, scrambling, and hiking. It takes on a patina for sure (creasing, colouration), but wears much longer than you might expect upon handling the material. Currently waiting for this:

What cuben bag do you currently use? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...