Backpacks

ag229487

I'm honestly not super impressed by most of Outlier's backpacks. Maybe it's just not having used them, but for any serious travel or day to day use, I'm not convinced they could carry a decent load comfortably given their lack of structure. The new one looks like a pain in the ass to access on the move, as well. 

I've thought the same thing drooling over veilance's new backpack, I'm incredulous regarding how one could comfortably carry more than 10-15 pounds in the thing

i seem to recall someone talking about single-strap/sling type backpacks?
there's this bedwin one
tumblr_nbs9nyQgJX1qa47z6o5_500.jpg
which is cool but pretty expensive imho ($612 on bodega)

and there's the default patagonia atom sling
patagonia-atom-bag-7l-black-30.jpg
which is alright i guess but meh?

i've been considering the patagonia mass sling though. closer to regular backpack looks + seems to have decent space as a daypack + 13" padded laptop sleeve
patago-48225_f.jpg
personally feel it would benefit from a water bottle holder though

Wow, that Bedwin sling pack looks heavily inspired (to say the least), by S.O. Tech's OG Go Pack Extended (for MIL market).

412gXstZqML.jpg

I'm curious as to what Bedwin's rationalisation is for the cost compared to the S.O. Tech pack (Can be found for ~$100-135).

Edited by H0r0

Wow, that Bedwin sling pack looks heavily inspired (to say the least), by S.O. Tech's OG Go Pack Extended (for MIL market).

412gXstZqML.jpg

I'm curious as to what Bedwin's rationalisation is for the cost compared to the S.O. Tech pack (Can be found for ~$100-135).

2 words, Japanese market.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been considering the patagonia mass sling though. closer to regular backpack looks + seems to have decent space as a daypack + 13" padded laptop sleeve

personally feel it would benefit from a water bottle holder though

DON'T

• 3 weeks later...

5868CF45-F251-4F58-AA06-151AE7FDF0F4_zps

picked up the einar from np in end a few days back. heavy duty rubber base feels like it could take a bullet while the space inside is great, however no laptop sleeve and not as much padding as my nike. typically understate in design from norse, feels quality, few niggles but meh. the nike is on par which is remarkable in itself considering the nike was less than a third of the coin.

5BE37E38-B236-47D4-AB1A-57D2D9AA124E_zps

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody got experience with DSPTCH Daypack please? Is it worth the money? There are some similar looking packs that are a lot cheaper. Any better suggestions around this price point?