Backpacks

ag229487

Urban Dictionary - kimoy

A great Guy, the nicest Guy,very handsome and funny, he sets his heart to love one girl , also a great friend and very faithful, But has a very bad temper

Kimoy you so sweet, I love you

I found the meaning not sure I understand though.

isn't it obvious? herp has set his heart on you and your handsome backpack.

• 2 weeks later...

can someone comment on the quality of master piece? does the quality justify the pricetag - or is it just made in jpland hype?

kinda late but older MP (i.e. early 00's and before) was nigh bulletproof and teched the f out. newer stuff is aight, not all of it is designed as well as it used to be, but the quality is likely still solid.

^think it looks p good. i don't have tanker backpack but i have a tanker duffel/boston thingo. really good. solidly built, looks naice, material is great.
functionality-wise... it's a bag. >_> i would say zippers are good and mine has a fair amount of pockets for organization? so. good overall

kinda late but older MP (i.e. early 00's and before) was nigh bulletproof and teched the f out. newer stuff is aight, not all of it is designed as well as it used to be, but the quality is likely still solid.

i picked up one of their 2014 bags and it was really well-done for the price (vs. visvim & porter shit), YKK hardware and definitely well-constructed.

whats the consensus on the porter tanker backpack (durability, style, functionality etc)

209083.jpg

i have the kichizo porter classic version R0020627.jpg

its a small to medium-sized bag and i mainly use it for work (i only put my lunch, umbrella, and other small misc things in it)

however it does fit a fair bit of things if needed

(i think there are 2 sizes for the porter version)

you will rarely use the flap to put things in since there is the side zip (unless ur putting in sth big)

Edited by whizzy

recently copped. feelin good.

hp-bb-ndpack-01--.jpg

hp-bb-newdaypack-01-.jpg

it took forever to find pics of this backpack. i should have just taken my own photo lol. also paid way below retail for rather good condition.

Edited by tac0tron

I'm looking for some advice regarding the size of my next backpack (20L or 40L). 

I have targeted Mission Workshop's Sanction and Fitzkroy, but I'm hesitating on which one to go to. 

I am looking for a daily pack to carry my stuff, being mostly a computer, charger; a couple of notebooks; some food; and often some clothes since I am biking to work and change when I arrive. It is also nice to be able to have a little bit of room left to put some groceries on the way back. 

I'm wondering if the Sanction (20L) might not be a bit tight for this use; but at the same time I don't want to unnecessarily oversize it since it remains a daily carry bag. I'm afraid that the 40L Fitzkroy would be a bit too big for a daily basis. 

Any advice from owners of the two above-mentioned bags, or any bag in this size range?

Previously I was using the Norse Projects Isak Rucksack (FW13) which was great size-wise, but I just returned it to the customer service because it was flawed.

Thanks !

I'm a bit late chiming on this but I have the 20L VX Sanction and it's a great bag for urban commuting. Quality is amazing, fit is comfortable and adjustable, and it's waterproof without looking like it is which is nice in the more formal contexts that the city often necessitates. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to carry any more stuff than fits in it around the city day to day. I find it carries a laptop, charger, camera, notebooks, pens and pencils, a lunch, and one layer quite well. I don't change after my ride, and if I did I would probably pack extra clothes in a small duffel or stuff sack and have that in my basket or pannier rather than carry so much on my back. Unless you're a courier off and on so frequently, I find having a huge bag on your back when the bike can carry it for you disadvantageous.

I'm a bit late chiming on this but I have the 20L VX Sanction and it's a great bag for urban commuting. Quality is amazing, fit is comfortable and adjustable, and it's waterproof without looking like it is which is nice in the more formal contexts that the city often necessitates. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to carry any more stuff than fits in it around the city day to day. I find it carries a laptop, charger, camera, notebooks, pens and pencils, a lunch, and one layer quite well. I don't change after my ride, and if I did I would probably pack extra clothes in a small duffel or stuff sack and have that in my basket or pannier rather than carry so much on my back. Unless you're a courier off and on so frequently, I find having a huge bag on your back when the bike can carry it for you disadvantageous.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually got second thoughts and ended up ordering eventually the Sanction. I'm still waiting for it; but I will see how much I can fit in it when I receive it and decide accordingly. I was also worried going too oversize with a 40L for daily needs after reflexion. 

I'm quite impatient to receive it now!

I'm severely tempted. I own the first iteration of their minimal backpack and it always evokes wonder at how something so light can be so strong.

honestly i wouldn't get that outlier pack. loved the earlier HMG one but not this.

the fidlock closure while cool is just not functional in the sense that a roll top should compress. that closure won't compress. makes this pack way too 'urban' and i don't see why an urban pack needs cuben fibre. 

id take a 1000d goruck pack any day.

I'm honestly not super impressed by most of Outlier's backpacks. Maybe it's just not having used them, but for any serious travel or day to day use, I'm not convinced they could carry a decent load comfortably given their lack of structure. The new one looks like a pain in the ass to access on the move, as well. 

I've very comfortably carried 40lbs into the mountains with a cuben backpack that had only two thin aluminum stays for support. Part of that is packing smart, but there's a point that the more structure you think you need to make a pack comfortable, the heavier the pack becomes, thus increasing discomfort (and decreasing mobility, agility, etc.). If you're stressed, you can put your own piece of foam or a deflated thermarest seat in the pack against your back, and then you have something nice to take out and sit on when you're taking a rest.

Edited by Loos Threads