Backpacks

ag229487

Can anyone please explain the difference between Visvim Lamina and Ballistic series? Thanks in advance!

Get the more durable ballistic ones. I don't personally own one, but from what i read in the old threads, the lamina ones are too fragile and rip to easily.

• 4 weeks later...

can someone comment on the quality of master piece? does the quality justify the pricetag - or is it just made in jpland hype?

I have the 20th aniv. messenger and quality and detailing is insane. 

I'm looking for some advice regarding the size of my next backpack (20L or 40L). 
I have targeted Mission Workshop's Sanction and Fitzkroy, but I'm hesitating on which one to go to. 

I am looking for a daily pack to carry my stuff, being mostly a computer, charger; a couple of notebooks; some food; and often some clothes since I am biking to work and change when I arrive. It is also nice to be able to have a little bit of room left to put some groceries on the way back. 

I'm wondering if the Sanction (20L) might not be a bit tight for this use; but at the same time I don't want to unnecessarily oversize it since it remains a daily carry bag. I'm afraid that the 40L Fitzkroy would be a bit too big for a daily basis. 

Any advice from owners of the two above-mentioned bags, or any bag in this size range?

Previously I was using the Norse Projects Isak Rucksack (FW13) which was great size-wise, but I just returned it to the customer service because it was flawed.

Thanks !

I've got the Sanction. It's a great bag but I wouldn't recommend it at all for your intent. I thought it would have a bigger capacity than it ended up truly having. I can usually fit my laptop, charger, etc., a school textbook or two, and MAYBE some clothes. If I did fit all that it would end up being a very tight fit. I would recommend a 40L bag even if it ends up being a little bit too big.

Kinda wish I got the Arc'teryx Arro, which was my other choice, as of late.

Edited by Mikeyone4life

How's norse project backpacks? The isak rucksack in profile. The build, quality, storage etc

I checked out their bags in Norse Store in Copenhagen. They looked super legit for the price. Everyone who wants a backpack should buy a visvim but the price point is pretty hard to justify for most people (I guess you could take the resale value, quality, and what not though...). I actually saw another non-backpack bag at the store and hoping to pick one up for work.

Edited by herpsky

I've got the Sanction. It's a great bag but I wouldn't recommend it at all for your intent. I thought it would have a bigger capacity than it ended up truly having. I can usually fit my laptop, charger, etc., a school textbook or two, and MAYBE some clothes. If I did fit all that it would end up being a very tight fit. I would recommend a 40L bag even if it ends up being a little bit too big.

Sanction is pretty small. It looks pretty impressive on the website but the actual product is like eh.

Some bags that I think are cool

-Wtaps A.L.I.C.E. (i think it's the same one kale kohai mentioned above)

-Visvim 

-Arcteryx veilance

-Arcteryx Arro 20 and Blade 24

-Porter Extreme series (my friends highly recommend this if you are trying to travel light without checking bags. interestingly this has NO porter branding. It looks matte and totally murdered out) 

-Porter JW Anderson

-Comme des Garcons (that solid colored one that's been around for like years)

-Cote et Ciel (the attachement collabo is cool)

-Undercover - the one with two pockets on the front

-The North Face Puprple Label - light weight tellus

-Klattermuse Mimer 22L

-Kletterworks

-Lorinza

-S2W2

Kinda wish I got the Arc'teryx Arro, which was my other choice, as of late.

Thanks for your feedback! I think I will go with the Fitzkroy then. Any Fitzkroy-user feedback is welcome as well!

@aso, yeah I did have a look at the Crafted Goods, but the design and the fabric / engineering of the MW attracts me more. I agree that the volume looks perfect though.

How's norse project backpacks? The isak rucksack in profile. The build, quality, storage etc

I was rocking one for the last 15 months, I liked it a lot in terms of look and volume. The fabric is good as well, quite durable.

What was clearly flunking on the other hand was the engineering behind. The best example is the metal piece allowing to adjust the strap length: it was clearly badly conceived, with a very weak alloy and a way to pass the loop that inevitably led to the metal piece to break when the bag was fully loaded. (see pictures below)

Happened a first time after 6 months of use; I had a spare part provided by Norse and had it repaired. Then the other one broke a couple of months after, same scenario.. 

306068Isak2.jpg473776Isak1.jpg

Eventually it happened a third time last week, so I passed by the shop and explained it to the guys; they have been pretty understandable and took the bag back. It was apparently definitely not the first time they heard the story. 

We had a look together at the new Isak available now; they have apparently reviewed this design point with a new system. They also changed the closing system, and unfortunately it looks less convenient than before to my opinion. Some new versions are to be expected for FW15 also. 

Overall I don't like the current Isak as much as the first one, but it's still a good looking back, functional and with a good volume for a decent price. 

Edited by n_ls

dsptch continue to be overlooked on here, but my daypack is still going strong and their customer service is great (this is coming from a dude who lives in australia so is used to being completely raped in regards to pricing).

What is your experience with their customer service, out of curiosity?

Urban Dictionary - kimoy

A great Guy, the nicest Guy,very handsome and funny, he sets his heart to love one girl , also a great friend and very faithful, But has a very bad temper

Kimoy you so sweet, I love you

I found the meaning not sure I understand though.

Edited by Sigur Rós