Backpacks

ag229487

Anyone know if and when And Wander is going restock? The 30L pack is beautiful but if it's going to be a while I'll just go with dsptch. Also any information on their clothing? There are some really nice pieces and the price is pretty good.

hNw9pJs.jpg

Edited by Toastytime

received my dsptch daypack today, quality seems great for the price - the only thing i'm a little wary about is the durability of the padded 'mil spec webbing' on the main back panel/straps as it seems quite fragile. i should also mention that their packaging + customer service is fantastic as well.

Any thoughts after using it a while? Just about ready to pull the trigger when they have black back in stock.

thoughts about this?

Boulder-Pack---7_1024x1024.jpg?v=1410905

I looked at these awhile ago as an alternative to Visvim's 20/24L backpacks; the shape is really weird and it pokes out farther off the back. Strange, but I highly recommend seeing in person at least.

received my dsptch daypack today, quality seems great for the price - the only thing i'm a little wary about is the durability of the padded 'mil spec webbing' on the main back panel/straps as it seems quite fragile. i should also mention that their packaging + customer service is fantastic as well.

Mine came today. The drawstring bag it was packed in was awesome. Really impressed by the quality - looking forward to putting it through its paces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just came back from 3 weeks in japan with the dsptch daypack. pretty bombproof so far, my only minor complaints are:

- accessing the front pocket is kind of annoying and the placement of the zipped/webbed section inside is really dumb.

- i'm not a huge dude (6'1/165) but the front chest strap is too short.

- personally i find the backpack a little uncomfortable when carrying heavy loads, but this might just be a personal thing. i can't figure out if its to do with the straps (which sit a little high in my opinion anyway) or because of the rigid back panel.

Edited by conqueror

just came back from 3 weeks in japan with the dsptch daypack. pretty bombproof so far, my only minor complaints are:

- accessing the front pocket is kind of annoying and the placement of the zipped/webbed section inside is really dumb.

- i'm not a huge dude (6'1/165) but the front chest strap is too short.

- personally i find the backpack a little uncomfortable when carrying heavy loads, but this might just be a personal thing. i can't figure out if its to do with the straps (which sit a little high in my opinion anyway) or because of the rigid back panel.

Carried mine every day for over a month now - so...

Definitely with you on the first one - at least in part. I like being able to swing the bag off one shoulder and access the front compartment without worrying about anything falling out (if that makes sense), but the interior pocket on the front compartment is almost impossible to access even when it's sitting on the table in front of you. A zipper hood would've been nice on the front compartment, too.

Not had any issues with the chest strap - and I'm a bit bigger at 6'4/190. To address your next point - I actually feel like the chest strap does it's job really well in helping managing heavy loads.

The material is a lot heavier weight and rigid than I expected it to be, so it's taking a little while to break in, but I expect it to last a lifetime. In general - I am very, very happy with the pack. I've only used it as a daily carry pack so far, but travelling back home to the East Coast later this week, so I'll report back with any travel specific issues. 

anybody use a backpack for hiking or running?

i want to run the few miles between home and work but need to carry my laptop and a few other essentials. 

thanks

Yeah, frequently.  I'm a big fan of GoRuck stuff for more aggressive activities :)  I use a GR0 and bullet bag for running/rucking/spartan/etc.  The GR0 will fit any 15" or smaller laptop.  If you're looking for more hiking type stuff, check out bags from Mystery Ranch for a nice design with excellent ergonomics.   Arcteryx has some really good options as well that are geared for more active people.  Really any good outdoors brand, many have a hydration/laptop area, but those are some of my favorites  :)

Running with a laptop is probably going to be an exercise in locking that shit down tight so it doesn't move, no matter what bag you end up with... 

• 2 weeks later...

bought a mission workshop R6. will post thoughts when it arrives and ive had time to use it. only 20L. if I end up liking the bag I might grab the vandal too for travelling.

I've had the R6, 20L for well over a year now, and I'm really happy with it!

Perfect for my everyday needs. And quality is great! Looks brand new.