Backpacks

ag229487

• 3 weeks later...

anyone has Herschel Supply Little America backpack? and how you like them?

my friend has owned one for like 2 months and it's falling apart from regular schoolbooks. When i felt it, it felt cheap too. I think it's like a poly blend or nylon or something, not cotton.

Anyone ever waxed their own bags before? I'm tryna wax a cotton backpack i have in preparation for the rain but idk how it'll turn out.

• 3 weeks later...

Take back my initial thoughts about the Outlier pack. Now that I own it and have used it I find It's actually pretty darn comfortable as long as you stack your goods properly and I opted to slide in a very thin foam insert I gutted from an old Fjallraven backpack. Wore it during a ~4 hour hike and held up fine. Even went into some water with it.

I thought the shoulder straps would end up being uncomfortable, but they're slightly padded and it was fine. Good stuff.

Just so you know I am mighty jealous of that pack. I would put it up against any other backpack when it comes to an aestheic fit for urban techwear. Comfort-wise, I am glad to hear that problems can be remedied with a little creativity. If anyone is ever silly enough to sell one I have to get it.

Anybody know of any messengers similar to the 28l that you sling over your back? Saw the porter klunkerz but only at rape prices. If anybody knows where to find it at retail lmk. Would like mix materials: leather + ballistic nylon or just ballistic nylon works. Budget is roughly 500, would prefer less if the above criteria are met

Those look sick. Materials, dye process, and design are all immensely appealing to me. Gotta get that rectangular charcoal gray with black hardware if I can find it.

On a different backpack note, look what I found wandering around ebay!

hLy62.jpg

Seller seems like a good guy and willing to negotiate on price. Currently at 650 asking price with 5 days to go and no bids. If there be Raf fans about (and there certainly seem to be) I'd message him and start haggling.

the guy is selling it on here too and it doesn't have the top part.

Harumph. I thought something was off when I compared the stock photo to the bag, but I couldn't place it. That's too bad, as it adds a lot to the piece.

I am slightly obsessed with backpacks and wanted to list a few I had purchased recently.

I got this William Fox & Sons backpack:

image1xl.jpg

it's okay. I love these guys primarily because of their glorious logo. feels like a better constructed, detailed and designed Eastpak. I use this when I have to carry a lot of stuff. It looks best like above, when full.

I also picked up this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-14%20at%2023.50.19.png

Which is the Eastpak x Wood Wood Wags Modular Backpack. It looks so underwhelming though. It has a good colour scheme but other than that it is the exact same bag as every other Eastpak bag.

My new favourite - and daily carry - is this Master-piece (who else) rucksack:

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-14%20at%2023.52.07.png

It. is. freaking. awesome. Firstly the styling is off the hook cool. There are the perfect amount of pockets: one at the top, and a huge central pocket, which has a slot in the back for valuables. There is also a sleeve on the front, which fits my passport and iPad mini perfectly. My favourite feature of this bag is that there is an additional side zip to access the central pocket. It sounds dumb, but because the central pocket is accessed via buckles - kind of annoying, but beautiful quality - it means you use this side pocket a lot. The two side pouches fit my water bottle and random pens/gum perfectly too. I stuck on two carabiners, one on a shoulder strap, which I tie my dogs leash to, and one on the back that I use more randomly.

Apologies for the overload of images. I am really interested in nicely designed rucksacks and got excited.

Edited by pclark

These look sick from the back, but we must see some better teaser product pics. Please!

tumblr_mgqwfpsWcn1rgzq5yo1_500.jpg

Our navy daypack interior. 100% Italian leather: hood, zipper pulls, inside patch, pocket details, handle, and side panel details of the bag. You can see a lil bit of the organic dyed silk/cotton...more pictures/info on that later.

Please follow our Facebook page for more updates thanks.

Anyone has experience of Cote&Ciel backpacks? Looking for something that strikes a good balance between durability, usability and looks. It seems that their line of Isar Rucksack hits that balance. Just need a bag that will hold a laptop/books and some random small things. Comments?

rucksack_grey_melange_15inch_side_final_2.jpg

modular_black_grey_side_final.jpg

trying to decide between the 22l and the 20l from visvim. i really don't like the waist straps on the 20 and i like the front zip pocket on the 22, buuuut i also havent seen a 22 in person and i don't really need something that's significantly bigger/longer than the 20l.

any tips?