Backpacks

ag229487

^ I'm in the same boat man. Anyone know of any good backpacks between 100~200 USD? I've been searching for a new backpack for a while. Have had this one for about 3-4 years. Really like the style, but searching for something more quality (paid about $60 for it), it sucks in the rain. IDK why it's so hard to find a decent black bag under $200.

nike-acg-backpacks-3.jpg

Edited by appleyard

which one is better herschel or jansport?

i want to pick the herschel because jansport is over too mainstream in my school

but jansport has the lifetime guarantee, does herschel have guarantee just like jansport?

because in my country there is no herschel official store

i want to pick the herschel because jansport is over too mainstream in my school

but jansport has the lifetime guarantee, does herschel have guarantee just like jansport?

herschel does not have a lifetime guarantee. i'd recommend reading through this thread a little more...

Herschel is hot garbage.... fake straps with magnets...?? really

anyway my mom copped me this at the sample sale.... aluminum sheet in it for support, ton of other features, no zipper on top just a fold down thing, lifetime warrenty, real nice bag, mine is grey btw

d0001679_16223470.jpg

spear-20-up5.jpg

ac0891_u.jpg

wishlist-gr1.jpg

anyone have experience with the goruck gr1? seems 295 is steep.

Still looking for a travel friendly, tech backpack under 200.

I have the Radio Ruck (less expensive). It's great, and my only regret is that I didn't get the GR1. Mine is decent size, and I can fit a ton of stuff into it. Despite the fact that it can hold 400lbs (legit apparently), i wish I'd gotten a bigger one. I'd even switch if you want the Radio and I'll pay the xtra for the the GR1 even.

Those Everlane back packs look good.

going to try and pick one up, just need to sort a US proxy now.

Check them out, it explains alot about the brand when you click, interesting stuff!

https://www.everlane.com/i/zo9ggd

Edited by Mascotts

• 2 weeks later...

I carry a Mystery Ranch 3 Day Assault pack a friend gave me. It's comfortable, especially when carrying 30 pounds of books, but it's a bit utilitarian for my tastes, in both aesthetics and function. I find it especially hard to carry glass bottles in it (read: beer) without them clanging around. I know the packs are customizable, anyone have some recommendations for ways to trick it out?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, im not sure if im posting in the correct thread, but if im not please bear with me. Im looking to purchase a backpack and i have narrowed it down to 2 specific bags

1) Visvim 20L l_01.jpg

2) Lexdray boulderSlumped.jpg

Does anyone of you have experiences with these bags? how do they fare in terms of construction and functionality? any inputs would be great! thanks in advance guys!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, im not sure if im posting in the correct thread, but if im not please bear with me. Im looking to purchase a backpack and i have narrowed it down to 2 specific bags

1) Visvim 20L l_01.jpg

2) Lexdray boulderSlumped.jpg

Does anyone of you have experiences with these bags? how do they fare in terms of construction and functionality? any inputs would be great! thanks in advance guys!

Both are good bags. I own the 20l visvim bag and use it as my everyday bag. It doesnt have as many pockets/compartments as the Lexdray but thats not too big a deal for me.

But, I do also own a Lexdray briefcase and as far as quality goes its actually pretty decent. plus i believe they just dropped there prices from about a year ago.

Other than the price tags the other big difference is comfort. the back support on the more recent (removable waist straps) 20l models is amazing. it actually feels like a hiking bag where it can be packed but the second you get it strapped on it feels like half the weight since its supported properly.

hope that helps

What the hell do y'all carry around in these huge bags, I don't imagine you're all going camping everyday? Right?

I can understand if you're a student but not everyone here is

This thread needs a "Errday I haul X Backpacks collab (pics only)" threa where you post a "backpack dump" lol

IMO, most bags being posted are not hard to fill up with all the gadgets people carry around nowadays. Its also good to have that extra space.

Edited by tm

What the hell do y'all carry around in these huge bags, I don't imagine you're all going camping everyday? Right?

I can understand if you're a student but not everyone here is

This thread needs a "Errday I haul X Backpacks collab (pics only)" threa where you post a "backpack dump" lol

A6JWRjPCIAI_85G.jpg

I need a litespeed for EDC, as this is actually overkill for an iPad and 11" MBA, but it works great for weekends away racing.

This is what I'm using on my daily commute now:

360x500_2543_SpeedLite20_7490_10.jpg

I also have one of these for traveling and hiking (although it's great for those two things, the air contact back thing makes it suck for cycling. I hate the way it pushes the weight off your back when you ride and I feel like it throws off my balance when I look behind me among other things):

360x500_2414_Futura28_3033_11.jpg

Deuter's probably my favorite brand of packs. I own several other brands and have used even more, but I always come back to them. Both are extremely high quality and affordable (first one retails $90, got it for $40 new on ebay. second one retails $120) to boot.

Anyone know where to get a black (or really dark grey) leather backpack for not that much? Looking for something simple for going to class. I don't really have a price range but could spend up to $300 if it seems worth it (obviously would prefer to spend less). Not looking for anything technical or similar. Looking mainly for something that's mostly leather, but it doesn't have to be completely leather. I'd also consider something completely non-leather but I'd like something a bit more/different than just a normal eastpak or jansport or something. Would definitely prefer minimal or no branding. Something like the old TOJ ones is pretty much all I need.

I like this Ann D one but I'm not about to spend $870 on it:

22378M004002_1_2.jpg

^^ Thanks dude. Unfortunately Eastpak doesn't seem to deliver to the U.S. That ebay one doesn't look bad, but I'm really liking the Henson ones. They look great. A bit out of my price range, but maybe they'll go on sale or something. Anyone know of other stockists for them? Google didn't really produce anything.

def recommend the 20l 3y3 - i lost my black 20l on a train but recently opted to replace it with..

tumblr_mcjvw0eGWc1qat6doo1_1280.jpg

extremely comfortable even when fully loaded and level of detail warrants the $.

whats the brand?

edit:found it visvim

Edited by Tobi