Backpacks

ag229487

That Goruck pack is a beautiful piece but it's hard to justify $265 when Topo Designs sells one made of the same material for less than half the price. Hopefully Topo will sell me one without the lash tabs and logo

Just bought a Herschel Pop Quiz

xl_HerschelPopQuizNavy.jpg

If it fits your personality (i.e., you don't take yourself too seriously) it's a great reasonably priced bag. You're still in school, but grad school may be a bit too mature for it unless you can rock it respectably.

makr makes a great rucksack too

farmruck_engtan_fr_gr.jpg

For rugged American styling, though, Layerxlayer is doing some great stuff

Aleutian-Tan_01a.jpg

i'm sure someone out there uses them but i plan on cutting them and the logo off when my bag arrives. i'm hoping the packs uo sells are the updated versions with plastic shoulder strap buckles since the metal ones tend to slip.

Edited by trenchant

Posted (edited) · Hidden by fishbones, May 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by fishbones, May 9, 2012 - No reason given

Copped the Topo Daypack from Urban Outfitters on sale for $64.99: http://www.urbanoutf...LAID=1008328142

They only have black or camo though.

Wait, what the fuck? Did not know they were selling these on UO now, and for way less than the official website price.

I feel like a dummy now.

Edited by fishbones

Received the Topo pack from UO. It has the newer plastic adjusters and I'm really happy about it. What I'm not happy about is the clear lack of attention to important details like making sure the straps are equally spaced apart, adjustment loops sewn at the same distance from the top of the strap, etc.The left strap is 1/4" closer to the outside edge of the pack than the right, and the right lash loop on the strap is sewn about 1/8" higher than the left side. The leather lash tabs are also sewn 1/8" out of square which I don't really care about because I'm cutting them off anyhow but still, there's no excuse for that.

I'm going to try to get a replacement from Topo.

for those who have a master-piece fade, how does it fair in really heavy rain? ive went through several bags lately and ruined a couple books in some heavy rain. any suggestions on brands or fabrics that are good in rain? or waterproofing sprays

Received the Topo pack from UO. It has the newer plastic adjusters and I'm really happy about it. What I'm not happy about is the clear lack of attention to important details like making sure the straps are equally spaced apart, adjustment loops sewn at the same distance from the top of the strap, etc.The left strap is 1/4" closer to the outside edge of the pack than the right, and the right lash loop on the strap is sewn about 1/8" higher than the left side. The leather lash tabs are also sewn 1/8" out of square which I don't really care about because I'm cutting them off anyhow but still, there's no excuse for that.

I'm going to try to get a replacement from Topo.

The guys from Topo are pretty cool and are sending a replacement.