Post some "Next level" shit.

theLorax

how can that be considered green or eco friendly? i hate when the media mislabels random shit and people actually fall for it

they showed a bath tub which uses up way more water than the shower

his kitchen seems really normal

he has a plasma tv and a beamer, how is that energy efficient?

the materials used to create his living space are neither eco nor green

just looking at the floor and ceiling these are very cold materials that don't retain heat at all. and because of the nature of his room he can't lay out any carpets. during winter it must be a bitch to keep war,. granted it's hong kong and they probably never see any snow, but that's where this whole concept fails if you want to apply it to other cities in a different climate

the only thing that is remarkable about the whole ap is how efficiently the space is used. it's a great design overall but not energy efficient.

also note how the dude never mentioned the supposed 'eco' aspect of his apt. it simply doesn't exist.

ehhh (yeah i deleted my post cause it was pointless)

these green things are regionally applicable. so saying that you wouldn't see a house like that outside of a tropical area is kind of pointless

he said he doesn't turn the lights on a majority of the time

the house is pretty efficient.. and that's kind of eco friendly because of reduced heating costs for such a small space, amount of lights they have to turn on, etc, etc.

also if you watch the show regularly you will see that it sucks... so i dont know why i'm defending it

but i'm sure it's 'greener' than your house

:/

also im pretty sure im just being contrary because i was woken up too early

how can that be considered green or eco friendly? i hate when the media mislabels random shit and people actually fall for it

they showed a bath tub which uses up way more water than the shower

his kitchen seems really normal

he has a plasma tv and a beamer, how is that energy efficient?

the materials used to create his living space are neither eco nor green

just looking at the floor and ceiling these are very cold materials that don't retain heat at all. and because of the nature of his room he can't lay out any carpets. during winter it must be a bitch to keep war,. granted it's hong kong and they probably never see any snow, but that's where this whole concept fails if you want to apply it to other cities in a different climate

the only thing that is remarkable about the whole ap is how efficiently the space is used. it's a great design overall but not energy efficient.

also note how the dude never mentioned the supposed 'eco' aspect of his apt. it simply doesn't exist.

-The coldest it gets in Hong Kong is about 65 degrees. It's usually 80-90 and humid as hell. So there isnt really a need to stuff walls with recycled denim, and put out rugs.

-I see he has an induction top in the kitchen, pretty efficient.

-Front loading washers use up a lot less water than top washers.

-Its hard to tell if its a plasma or not, some of the newer LEDs are thicker than older LCDs.

-Its really hard to see what kind of flooring he has from the lighting of the video, he might have used recycled materials and sound insulation underneath, we dont know.

-Projectors are def not green.

-How the fuck did get away with ripping out windows and part of the outter wall and putting in those floor to ceiling amber windows in what looks to hong kong public housing?

-The coldest it gets in Hong Kong is about 65 degrees. It's usually 80-90 and humid as hell. So there isnt really a need to stuff walls with recycled denim, and put out rugs.
and that is why i said it can't be applied to other regions in the world. i know it works in hong kong and in other tropical climates but in the end i want to know how can this be applied to my situation, how can i benefit from this? and on the bottom line i can't really.

i didn't post that up there to attack you in any way or insult you personally, i'm just being mad at that show for labelling it 'eco' and 'green' while it's clearly just a study in design. one that is done well mind you and i give props to the dude for actually making it happen.

and i like to argue for the sake of arguing ;)

-I see he has an induction top in the kitchen, pretty efficient.
ok granted i don't know much about these systems but for what it's worth it's just a gimicky feature in a kitchen. you have to buy special pots and pans to cook on one. you can't use your old stuff thus partly negating some of the 'eco' effect.
-Front loading washers use up a lot less water than top washers.

everyone i know has a front loading washer, does that make me and my friends world saviours? i dunno

-Its hard to tell if its a plasma or not, some of the newer LEDs are thicker than older LCDs.

that's totally beside the point. if he wanted and 'eco' house he wouldn't even have a TV (bad argument i know)

-Its really hard to see what kind of flooring he has from the lighting of the video, he might have used recycled materials and sound insulation underneath, we dont know.

let's face it, those walls he has to roll around are probably heavy as fuck and judging from the way he moves them they weight surely around 300 lbs each

i don't know of a wood or plastic floor that could cope with such forces without showing some kind of deformation. also due to the mirroring effect my guess would be some kind of metal too, like the roof

-How the fuck did get away with ripping out windows and part of the outter wall and putting in those floor to ceiling amber windows in what looks to hong kong public housing?

the amount of publicity that room alone generates probably justified that.

these green things are regionally applicable. so saying that you wouldn't see a house like that outside of a tropical area is kind of pointless

still i'm looking for the great innovation this room has to offer and all i'm seeing is moving walls. nothing eco about that, it's efficient, but not eco. what#s the point of showcasing things like this and saying "Hey look this dude did something awesome, but you can't have the benefits" just like some hippies who go out into the desert and built houses out of old tires and say the house is self sustainable and how much better it is than anything else. makes me want to go there and just burn it to the ground.

he said he doesn't turn the lights on a majority of the time

yeah well after the sun sets it'll still be dark. and as long as the sun is shining around my plae i don't turn the lights on either. what kind of argument is that? if it's overcast and getting dark he'll have to turn on his lights too if he wants to see what he's doing

the house is pretty efficient.. and that's kind of eco friendly because of reduced heating costs for such a small space, amount of lights they have to turn on, etc, etc

the room itself probably doesn't have any heating, along with the rest of the whole building, i wonder where his AC is anyway

and the whole lights argument drives me up the wall too, sure i live in a 3 bedroom appartment with 2 other guys and we have the lights turned on in our rooms at night, we also have the light on in the hallway until we go to sleep. but that's because i don't want to be stumbling around in the friggin darkness like a caveman, so does that make me harbinger of doom?

i dunno what i'm even ranting about :confused:

you're right no mention of eco or green here either

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/garden/15hongkong.html

I didnt take any offense

Induction burners dont require special pots and pans, just good ones that a magnet can stick to. Stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum with a steel bottom. Pretty much anything from Ikea.

In the times article they mention the floor is granite, that requires chemical treatment coating like every 6 months.

I didnt post it because of the eco aspect, I thought it was an amazing use of space. You probably live in area where space isnt a premium, so you cant appreciate the way he made total use of a space the size of your bathroom.

@DUM, yeah but the place being a small appartment that you can find almost anywhere i thought it might have some kind of novel idea

@spoona, no i think the really did an amazing job designing that small space so it can utilized to it's max and have a very modern and sort of spacious feel.

thanks for posting that article as it just destroys that weird 'eco'-show. just read the following paragraph, it explains everything

But if the apartment is a space for play, it’s very much the grown-up kind, involving the pleasures of luxury: Behind one movable wall of shelving is an extra-large Duravit bathtub. A glass shower stall doubles as a steam room with color therapy and massage. The Toto toilet has a heated seat and remote control bidet, and sound emanates from a six-speaker home entertainment system.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWxf7tf3Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWxf7tf3Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Das Racist is definitely next level.