LVC Fall collection?

I'm pretty certain there is a 1947 in the new range. There's a GI theme to many of the items. The range looked pretty good - but not as many must-haves as I remember, for instance, in the 2003 range. There's a nice-looking 1890s one-pocket 501, in rigid and aged finishes.

I was given one of those nice booklets with the full range but I, er, lost it. There is one nicely-aged one-pocket pair, in the style of the Indigo Immortal, I think they're a 1886 repro, which is also available in rigid. I haven't seen a sample, though.

Quote:

I posted this about two weeks ago...

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2953

Like I said, the past few collections have differed considerably in the US and the UK, so this might just be referring to what will be available in the States.

--- Original message by Shorty Long on Jul 8, 2005 05:25 AM

i don't know about the US collection, but the last couple of collections of lvc uk have been a bit poor.

even though i've now banned myself from all vintage/repro denim I hope the UK collection gets the unwashed(or even a decent 'worn' finish) 1886 jean - I normally don't go for the super long-rise of any pre-1947s, but the 1886 rise looks pretty normal to me.

they should re release the big e 517s but it looks like the 646 bellbottom has taken over

the last two US collections have been a bit non-existent really...starting with F/W 2004, they offered completely different items than what was available in europe (even when they were the same, however, the number of items available here in the states was always smaller than what was available overseas)...I think there were a total of 13 or 14 items, and I know of at least two that were supposed to be in the collection that never made it into stores (I'm still broken up over the non-production of the white 1940s sweatshirt)

this spring was even worse, with 10 items in the collection and two of those not hitting stores as far i know

that being said...i loved the things that were available, especially last fall...i just wish they would focus more on 'deadstock,' rigid models of jeans and jackets, bring back the big E 517s, as well as the short horn denim shirt...

oh yeah, and open the valencia street factory back up

The Valencia Street Factory has been sold to become a school, but will obviously remain a historical landmark.

Something you have to understand about the finishing of LVC: the finishes are replicating actual garments that are in the LS&Co. Archives, but I guess you guys already know that. Going forward i think that everyone will be pleased with the direction that LVC will be going in the upcoming seasons (Fall 2006 & beyond).

looks like the US will have a different collection again...

the brown leather jacket was available in the states in last year's collection...i'm not too impressed with the t's, but the dry 'tab twill' chino pants are nice.

i bought an authentic tab twill shirt (with tags) on ebay about 3 years ago...just like the one they're offering

i really like the 40s sweat as well...

actually, people within Levi's have mentioned they thought this year's LVC collection was uninspired compared to previous years. Sure, those 1890s and 1947 jeans look great, but they are basically repeats or revisions of earlier models. But, for instance, in the Fall 2003 range there were terrific coveralls, (the Kover-up), cool women's western jackets, a slim-fitting 1930s biker leather jacker, and a real favourite of mine, the 1907 Sunset Chambray shirt - all of them funky, unusual items that complemented the basic range of 501s and denim jackets.

Hopefully this is just a glitch, and we'll get a few more off-the-wall items next year. Does anyone know how the prospects for LVC are seen within LS&Co?

I just got the Tab Twills from Aero (386 of 516). Their rigid but good cut. Probably take a few washes & wears to get them broken in.

I am pretty addicted to chinos at the moment (a bit denimed-out), must be the summer. Tracked done a nice pair of off-white Levis K1s from ebay (made in italy). Got the grey sun-drenched tabs from the LVC range a couple of seasons ago. Nicely distressed though I think I'll get the hem's re-done as I don't think oil stains are quite my style (and they're a bit long. All time fav's though, are the 1914 khakis from an few years back. Nice loose fit and subtle fraying.

Anyone else got some non-denim options?

Ps. here's an excellent bargin for any uk posters, barratts (I know) are doing a nice Mondrian inspired take on the vans slip-on. Scooped these today for £5. Enjoy:

96xi11.jpg

Just got the tab twills (386 of 516) from Aero. Excellent but quite rigid. Probably take a few wears & washes to attend the perfect finish.

Quite into chinos at the moment. Got a pair of off-white Levis K1s (made in italy) from ebay. My other favs are the subtly distressed grey sun-drenched tabs from last season (or maybe before) and the 1914 khakis from a few years ago, with some nice fraying.

Anyone else rocking some non-denim looks?

Ps great steal for any uk posters, barratts (i know) are doing a nice Mondrian inspired version of the vans slip ons at £5 (in the sale) a pop. Enjoy:

96xi11.jpg

Edited by Lazylinepainter on Jul 21, 2005 at 03:42 PM

Quote:

Just got the tab twills from Aero. Excellent but quite rigid. Probably take a few wears & washes to attend the perfect finish.

Quite into chinos at the moment. Got a pair of off-white Levis K1s (made in italy) from ebay. My other favs are the subtly distressed grey sun-drenched tabs from last season (or maybe before) and the 1914 khakis from a few years ago, with some nice fraying.

Ps great steal for any uk posters, barratts (i know) are doing a nice Mandrian inspired version of the vans slip ons at £5 (in the sale) a pop. Enjoy:

96xi11.jpg

--- Original message by Lazylinepainter on Jul 20, 2005 03:56 PM

what size did you go with? I'm normally a 30/30 in jeans. Are they sized the same? What kind of rise do they have?

Quote:

Just got the tab twills (386 of 516) from Aero. Excellent but quite rigid. Probably take a few wears & washes to attend the perfect finish.

Ps great steal for any uk posters, barratts (i know) are doing a nice Mondrian inspired version of the vans slip ons at £5 (in the sale) a pop. Enjoy:

96xi11.jpg

Wondering about those K1s. Are they repros or originals? I was going to pick up a pair of the repros. Pics or details please? How about sizing compared to like say 501s? Also, do they shrink much?

Quote:

96xi11.jpg

Regarding the K1s: are they repros or originals? Do you know any history on them? How is the sizing compared to 501s? If bought new, do they shrink at all? Any pics or other details would be appreciated. I'm probably going to order a pair online soon.

Quote:

saw this fall collection. got myself the 1890's. very nice. hammered rivets...

also saw the 2006 collection. there's this nice leather jkt.

they also gonna launch a new line called "blue". kinda red meets engineered. very interesting.

--- Original message by urban sprawl on Jul 27, 2005 05:38 PM

are you in the US or UK? So far, I've picked up the Hap Jones '40s sweatshirt...I think it's one of the best sweats they've done in a while.

how were you able to see the '06 collection? was it in person or in print?