Show us your knife

every single knife i own (opinel to higo to whatever) seems to eventually develop some rust on it, but none of my straight razors (for shaving) ever do even though they are regularly in contact with water. what the fuck am i doing wrong, do i really need to oil them after each use?

Depends on the material of the blade. If its stainless you should be good unless you leave water on it. Then it may be susceptible to pitting corrosion. Otherwise if its plain carbon steel its just a matter of time before the corrosion comes. Oiling will definitely help.

every single knife i own (opinel to higo to whatever) seems to eventually develop some rust on it, but none of my straight razors (for shaving) ever do even though they are regularly in contact with water. what the fuck am i doing wrong, do i really need to oil them after each use?

apples are very acidic - so yes it will stain and yes you should oil it after every use

Bumping this old ass thread - what is a good really small folding knife or multitool? I'm talking keychain size that you can actually keep in your pocket with your keys. a blade would be the most important but doesn't hurt if it has some other basic tools.

I ended up just getting a victorinox pioneer, too lazy to look for anything else. its just for very basic stuff, cutting boxed etc when I only have my keys with me.

I go through knives pretty quick, but just picked up this Kershaw Speed Bump:

IMG_0074.jpg

I love the opening mechanism and although the blade shape is a bit strange at first, I find myself liking it more and more. The clip profile is really low, which is one of my favorite parts. I end up making most clips useless pretty soon when they stick out - so easy to bend them where they won't hold my pocket anymore. It's pretty tough to close one handed though, which kinda sucks.