Show us your knife

my friend recently got his knife taken from him when he was on the subway in NYC. it wasn't a crazy knife or anything either and he told them it was for work ( he's a production assistant ) but he had to go to court and got a $100. he asked for his knife back, no dice. all they saw was the clip hanging out of his pocket and pulled him aside real quick.

You pretty much can't carry any blade/knife in NY, sucks.

http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/ny.txt

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice. my late grandfather had over 1000 Case XX's; I probably stand to inherit a few at some point and will just display them all under glass in one frame or something. I should get a Case for a day to day knife, but I travel too much and would get arrested for forgetting to leave it at home.

That looks awesome, man. Whereabouts did you pick that up?

IMG_1485.jpg

handmade in japan

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I usually carry. I picked it up at a antiques show out in the hamptons. The woman said it was from 1910 but I doubt how reliable that is. The blade is stamped with made in japan. The smaller of the two blades was broken when I bought it, but i figured one blade was good enough.

4338396467_4b543b83fb_o.jpg

4339137986_33b3049e9f_o.jpg

4339137556_f2d7199b64_o.jpg

I also have a benchmade balisong #42 I think. Unfortunately it's back hawaii.

Couple of the knives I rotate through. Favorites gotta be the Gerber L.S.T. perfect for the coin pocket in most of my jeans.

IMG_9270.jpg

Picked this up on sale the other day at Beans. 20 bucks. I'll mainly use it to cut corn stalks come fall. Until then it'll rest under my bed.:D

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg