Sign in to follow this  
element02

Edwin Waynesville 867B

I couldn't find anything about these jeans in the forums. Is anyone famiiar with them? If so, could you describe them? Also, are they still available?

Thanks

Interstate in London stock them. I bought a pair in May. The cut is very full and wide, making them very baggy in the leg. I like them and they're a good cut for older denim obsessives, because skinny jeans on men over 30 look ridiculous.

skinny jeans look ridiculous on a lot of people....period:D

^^^you think?

is this personal opinion, or a generally accepted view cos I'v often wondered why Edwin gets so little love on this board.

I have to say I have no complaints with mine, but if they are considered poor quality I really can't wait to invest in a "better" brand.

These are Nashvilles, 10 years old and worn infrequently. I've no idea how the Waynesvilles will look after the same period. They're loosely cut so I expect a more overall fade.

edwinnashvilleslr4.jpg

I've got Japanese Edwin red selvedge and new European ED 47 rainbow selvedge in Granite ,very dark blue.The Japanese are well worn and have been great and i'm very happy with the new Euro Edwin's which are Japanese denim and constructed in Italy.I understand that Edwin make all types and quality of jeans but so do Levi / Lee,just pick the better models. www.oipolloi.com have Edwin in the sale at the moment

I've got 2 pairs of the Yoshi SXX. They fit great and are good quality. I would like a pair of the Nashville, but keep putting it off.

i dont know much about the waynesvilles, but the quality of my edwin 503 blue trip's are pretty well made.

i dont know if its just me but it takes forever to break in a pair of edwins... my sens are finally showing wear after a few months.

Yes they are Sanforized.

The Waynesville, like their slightly narrower cousin the Greenville, are not produced any more. I've got a pair of 11 year old Waynesville that I got from Interstate, they're wonderful jeans if you're looking for something baggier than the fashion norm.

I soaked them for a couple of hours. No shrinkage.

Strange, cause I bought a 34 waist that measures 36. Are the Greenville and Nashville sized the same?

The Greenville are sized the same, I take a 31 in 5010xx's and Imperial Dukes and a 29 in Greenvilles.

I'm not sure about the sizing on the Nashvilles.

My Nashville's are tagged at 32 but measure 34. My Waynesvilles are tagged 34 but measure 36. I suspect that a very hot soak might give some shrinkage but being sanforized there won't be much. Wear something tucked into them and a belt if they're too big. Until they get a hot wash, much further down the line, they'll stay loose around the waist.

I'll remember that when I order online. Thanks

Anybody know why they stopped making the Greenville and Waynesville, but still make the Nashville?

I'll remember that when I order online. Thanks

Anybody know why they stopped making the Greenville and Waynesville, but still make the Nashville?

Due to a lack of demand for these styles in Japan. The Nashville is only really made for the European market.

Interstate sporadically order enough to meet the production minimum which is why they're one of the only places you'll find both Waynesvilles and Greenvilles.

Give Roberto a call I'm sure he'll help you out. His number's 0044 207 836 0421

Roberto is not very helpful unfortunately.

I myself am in England and asked him to post jeans to me, and he refused.

I had to get a friend in London to collect them.

has anyone got any pics of broken in edwin sen's, got a pair just wanna know what they will end up looking like