Work in Japan? London?

T A M A D

Hey everyone...I'd appreciate any tips on securing a job in either Japan or London. I desperately want to move away from San Francisco for awhile and live abroad.

I have looked at the 'Teaching English in Japan' angle...might follow through with that. As for London, I have lived there before (study abroad) but was not able to find work.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

"Without love the acquisition of knowledge only increases confusion and leads to self-destruction..." ~ J.Krishnamurti

• 2 weeks later...

I think the teaching English in Japan route would be the easiest for a foreigner ( I know quite a few people who did that and ended up as company managers). You might need to be competent in Japanese though, so you should definitely check that out. One of those teaching program's called JET.

As for London, what sort of work are you looking for? I know that the big corporates there are quite keen on hiring people from the states, but maybe it depends on the industry.

This is all random.......

im gonna try and get my japanese language a bit ok, then work out there in bars perhaps?

i've also been looking into being an au pair.. but, cant find many japanese families looking.. i guess its just not in their culture perhaps?

any idea of decent ways of money money making in tokyo/japan?

tom x