iamstarwars

Kapital jeans

Hey Jon, what's up - what is sumizome? looking forward to the new catalogue. thanks

Hey Jon, what's up - what is sumizome? looking forward to the new catalogue. thanks

Sumi (墨) is black ink made from charcoal for calligraphy in Asian countries. Usually it comes in a solid stick form and when water is added you grate it into an ink. Sumizome (墨染め) is using the liquid form of said charcoal, to form a pigment-dye which is totally natural/organic. I am unsure how it will fade or wash.

Kapital is offering this color which is a medium dark grey, in two different styles. One is a warp-yarn-dyed denim, and a indigo and sumi hickory striped twill. Both come in several different cuts.

poiuytr x lucaas

celebrating 8,5 months KAPITAL Battle

cisco (7 washes, lots of soaks), stone (2 washes, 1 seawash)

collab.jpg

collab2.jpg

Cool, you guys are killin it for Kapital.

been 8 months already? how fast time flies by.. kudos on the progression both pairs looking great

I'm really tempted to pick a pair of those grey ones. Do they come in every Kapital cut?

They come in TH, Stone, Elder, Cisco, and painter pants. You can see a few more pics on their site under "New". I can also take some pics next time I drop by the store.

I might have to get them in TH. Do you still proxy?

Yeah just contact me PM or just email me through SUFU.

the kapital site is too "japanese-y" to understand with google translate.

can someone tell me what jeans have the slimmest cut?

Stone, but their cuts are more along the vintage route...

Had a sneak peek at the new Kapital catalog for Summer 2011, first impression: wow! catalog should be available soon maybe in the next two weeks or so. If you want a copy just send me a PM.

Some of the popular Kountry items made their way into this collection, as part of the seasonal line-up. Really everything I saw looks great.

Rumor is Kapital is opening a store in San Francisco, trying to find out more now..

Rumor is Kapital is opening a store in San Francisco, trying to find out more now..

Where did you hear this rumor?

lookin forward to receiving a copy of it, Jon

9 months

8 washes

3soaks

DSC04687.jpg

this is awesome. sorry couldnt rep though...must spread. how often do you wear them?

Hi, can somebody suggest the best way to buy some Kapital stones in the USA? I'm kind of lost. Sorry for being so dense.

Hi, can somebody suggest the best way to buy some Kapital stones in the USA? I'm kind of lost. Sorry for being so dense.

You could use some proxy service like Sharpservice.jp or there can be even somebody in this thread that can help you... :)

Probably not available anywhere in the US. I can proxy them for you.

Probably not available anywhere in the US. I can proxy them for you.

Cotton Sheep in San Francisco carries a full line of their jeans and shirts' date=' the owner used to work for Kapital while in Japan and before that used to be at 45RPM.

They've been carrying Kapital for about four years now.

[url']http://cottonsheep.com/[/url]

Cotton Sheep in San Francisco carries a full line of their jeans and shirts, the owner used to work for Kapital while in Japan and before that used to be at 45RPM.

They've been carrying Kapital for about four years now.

http://cottonsheep.com/

Yeah good reviews on that place...:rolleyes:

Plus looking at their website, that is definitely not a full line. I know I am there almost every week.

Kapital Cisco Selvedge 30/31, belongs to my friend. ( Left )

8 months / 1 soak - 2 machine washes

Kapitalw11114m_634s.jpg

Kapitalw11114m_634s_2.jpg