Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

If there's one hole in my wardrobe it's that of an oversized parka that I can throw on over the pullover/denim jacket deal I have so often. I'm looking at getting a ring coat but they seem to come in so many different fabrics and configuration. A melton one is my preference but a moleskin one seems the simplest way to go - don't want denim. Anyone know how often this thing is iterated and released? I'm in no hurry and up for buying used. I'm also a little worried about it being comically large if I go with my normal size (2), because really it's only my chest and shoulders that are a 2 and my sleeve/torso length tend to be closer to a small. 

There used to be a million of them on Yahoo Auctions Japan... guess they have sort of dried up. Here are two I've found. I've contemplated a ring coat many times over the past decade and run into the same issues with sizing, but my intuition tells me they are just sort of amorphous. I'm in full support of you getting one!!

Black moleskin , size "S" which is usually 1.

Dark emperor version, overcoat length with massive hood, looks like navy melton wool, size M

My ring coat is in ripstop cotton - one of the lightweight versions.  I'm not sure what the production pattern is but the seasonal difference seems to be heavier and lighter fabrics, perhaps a few different bells and whistles per season but the general style is what you see.   

I took the largest size... and tbh even a larger size or a smaller would work I think.  Though imo it's a go-large coat, not a fitted number.  @chicote's intuition is spot on... they're amorphous... and the amorphousness needs to be embraced otherwise the romance will end in divorce :).  They can be set up in different ways as you'll have seen and that's where the fun is... those with OCD may become very consumed!

The idea of throwing it on is a grand one and the right one... practically, imo you need to have the configuration you want to just throw on ready or have time to do that... and then you can.  Where I run into head-scratching is it I want a different configuration and it's not set up and I'm going out right now.  Just considerations, not insurmountable or reasons not to go with one btw.  I'm a fan... a cool and unique coat

A few pics that may shed a little light, though there are tonnes online that show it better...  

20211113 Kapital Trailblazer 1.jpg

20210418 Kapital 1 32 Likes.jpg

IMG_2298.JPG