Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

^Ciscos are mid-rise & cut similar to Eternal 811 or WH 660.

TH cut [including Zipang] is straight & close to repro w/a v-cut yoke ... ie, high-rised & closer to the true waist. 

nevermind the tagged sizing.  if you wear mid-rise jeans,  take actual waist  measurement 1.5-2" above the waistband & compare [that] to the "actual" waist measurement on the size chart  ... & that should be your sizing basis. 

edit:

Stone 5P = slim/tapered = TTS for comfort fit.

Edited by BrownMetallic

I had a look at a pair of TH today in the flesh, unfortunately they didn't have my size so I can't comment on fit, and yes as mentioned here you def. have to go up a size due to the pre -shrink. They were fine but I wouldn't call them anything special. I actually think Sugar Cane's are a lot better denim for a lot less money. My two pence - don't shoot the messenger!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rise is very low, not sure if I could get used to it, but I want to try them on again later this year in Roppongi or NYC. I tried the Cisco version in 30 (my true waist is 28), but it was just too loose. They make 28 in the standard indigo Ciscos so I hope they decide to do the century denim in that size eventually.

I mostly wear Hawaiis and F310s these days, so even though the 30 in the Stone cut fits me well in most areas, I'm not sure I can get used to the low rise; it's noticeably shorter than the F310 in the same size. I move around a lot day to day, especially if I'm playing a show, and prefer my pants to sit at my actual waist.

On fabric alone, definitely get them. One of the coolest things I've ever briefly owned.

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean the Century denim, it's only available in men's sizes. If you mean some of their destroyed/repaired indigo jeans, those are typically unisex cuts and are available in many sizes. Finding them in the west will be very hard, but you can use a proxy to shop the Kapital webstore directly: http://www.kapital.jp/e-store/index.php

Sufu member Bandana Almanac used to proxy; perhaps he still does.

I've seen random pairs on Rakuten at consignment shops as well.

^Would love to see pics if at all possible! Zipang has been on my short list for quite a while now...

Also curious how much stretch you got, if you can recall.

These look like a pair I would need to size up on (tagged 36 measures 34.5" according to B.I.G!!) unless they have massive stretch in em.

They do stretch. Mine were 29 which being 1 was was brutal on my hips for a month but have stretched out comfortably. I'm moving now so pics when I get settled.

^Would love to see pics if at all possible! Zipang has been on my short list for quite a while now...

Also curious how much stretch you got, if you can recall.

These look like a pair I would need to size up on (tagged 36 measures 34.5" according to B.I.G!!) unless they have massive stretch in em.

it seems the regular TH & Zipang are of the same denim construction [ie, same weave & weight] ... only the dyeing process of the warp yarn is different, being the latter is natural indigo-dyed.

not 100% sure, but if true, then [this particular] Kapital denim do stretch quite a bit.

SD1 on my Cisco O/W & they were spot on after the waistband stretched out.

will post pix when able.

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are an update to my kapital zipangs, got these for like $35 at a place in long beach that couldnt sell them, killer denim, really difficult to break in, but that being said they aren't my beater jeans..

ZOcKIRW.jpg

OUERawS.jpg

you can see the blue hues starting to break through...

Edited by poly800rock

• 4 weeks later...

Small update on the kakishibu....

iLpnnT1Ak0g6P.JPG

ib2FFg2hJeN741.JPG

ivJ7xv6ansGjw.JPG

iCz3HsUFmFQLD.JPG

iBH4Nyc8iyuO2.JPG

ifBWUGpWyq29A.JPG

A year of weekend wear + 2 months full wear, soak once, handwash once

Trying my best to capture the true colors and the subtle fades....its hard  :unsure:

Edited by redragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...