Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

I picked up a couple pieces from Kapital today and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the sumi-e dyed denim...

I kind of bought it on an impulse, and am leaving Tokyo tomorrow morning so an exchange won't be possible.

It's a tad too big and I was wondering if I could get anymore shrinkage out of these even though they are a one wash? Does anyone know what the process for their one wash is? I was gonna try a couple hot soaks + hot wash + hot dry...

Thoughts please?

frontkap.jpg

backkap.jpg

kapall.jpg

Also, does anyone have any idea or photos of how these fade??? Really cool denim...

Also picked up this great indigo dyed short sleeve button up...really really love the indigo color on this thing...

R0012269-1.jpg

Thanks

I have already posted a in-depth article here on the sumi denim.

And here.

The size on the sumi denim for the waist is wider than before because it is the "New TH" which has a slightly wider waist.

The shirt is a Rayon indigo garment-dyed aloha shirt.

As for shrinking the denim, I would say try a few hot washes, don't hot dry them that just ruins the fibers. Try really hot water...

It will fade rather fast, mine have some decent whiskering.

Jon - have the jeans been anymore worn since you last posted photos of them? If so, would you mind posting some new photos?

How much wear have you gotten on them?

Thanks

Probably won't be able to see much through photos but I'll try.

I haven't given them much wear yet.

• 1 month later...

I likem Jon. And, I think Kapital is the most under rated denim company going. The Zipang TH Ai dyed jeans are beautifully dyed, super stubborn, a great fit, wonderful details and reasonably priced for natural indigo. I'll never figure out why such a great pair of jeans is not more popular?

• 1 month later...