Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yay! They arrived!

Firstly, parcel force - hmph not impressed, they spent a week in coventry before getting to me, took less time to get from japan to the UK than from coventry to bham.

heres where I got em from

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/c-n-t/kp_pt_006/

Now for pics

No flash, morning winter sun.

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

blue ears in the shade

IMG_0918.jpg

details with flash

IMG_0920.jpg

Im really pleased with these, just what I wanted, pretty relaxed fit, but the waist on these runs abit small, as chantos stats show, I have em in a 32 ( bear in mind I have 29 s5000bk, 31 pbj005 etc ) and I wouldnt want these any tighter, but their just right. So get true waist size on these, you may even want to size up...

Also these have a crotch rivet ( dont you just feel naked without? ) and loads of nice detailing - cinch and half of from pockets are lined with a stripey shirt fabric. Inseam is double stiched which I really like, hem is 21cm. There is a cool Kapital loop on the left waist band and a nice patch on that front pocket, and the stiching from this patch shows through on the pocket entrance on the front of the jean. Also the stiching is wobbly with spare stitching and extra stitches running around - like the top of the side seam has two and a half stitches and they all over lap and criss cross - this is a really nice aesthetic touch and not poor quality! Also at the bottom of the back belt loop there is stiching scribble! However the inside waist band stiching and inseam etc are all stiched flawlessly... Im really happy with em, just right for wearing with some birkenstocks and a white linen shirt this winter...

viv

COTTON DUCK - yeah, these are one wash.

• 1 month later...

ok ok, I will do fit pics, but not today, im busy. I have worn em 2 or 3 times ( im kinda stuck in my pbjs at the mo, the back pocket rivet is showing now! Yay! ) but the edges of the lee shape back pockets have already lost abit of indigo- so despite their distinctly green hue they will "fall of which pleasures greatly"..fade.

• 4 weeks later...

So here they are

these for reference http://item.rakuten.co.jp/c-n-t/kp_pt_006/

They are pretty lowrise but straight through the leg, still look kinda vintage oldmanish in sillouette. I got a size 32

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

they are size 41 clarks

They are much greener than the edo ai sc40500.

Although the cut is not a slimming cut they actually look very similar to the pics on chanto, I was standing funny and shooting at an angle. I still think they just look regular though - but thats desirable for an amerkaji aesthetic I guess? The best facet of these jeans would be the details, really cool, and the fabric is interesting too, looks green in my pics but in other photos, especially under house lights, they look greyish blue!

I dont wear them much but the pocket corners have started to fade a small amount - so they will fade.

EDIT - bobo - sorry no birks and linen combo, and certainly no brand synergy, RO and kapital!?!? What was I thinking...

Thanks bobo - yeah, the rise is short, these feel like PBJ-005 in the seat and waist. Bit strange for such an amerkaji/repro sort of thing but I guess this is typical of what kapital do so well - classic repro and work wear inspired stuff with a twist added - their clothes are really cool too ( chanto store also has kato too, its great place for this sort of style )....

Maybe in the summer ill do a birks-kapital-linen WYWT, im moving back to where I have a big mirror.....

M1sterko - Yeah these are only available in japan, im pretty sure, if you find any elsewhere then please mention it though!!

Cottonduck - yeah, the greenish turquoise hue is difficult to work with but I think browns light greys and stuff goes with it ok - also ( and this goes for the edo ais too ) its nice to have some jeans that are not normal indigo - for example - when you have to wear an indigo sweat! I think the last time I wore them was with timberlands and a superthick dark navy turtle neck..... which reminds me SNS Herning.... mmmmmm its still winter right???

Oh - for those who are concerned about rise remember i got the slim model, but kapital DO make a relaxed version of these,

these I THINK ( allways check measurements and cross check etc, dont just take my word for it )

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/c-n-t/kp_pt_006/

• 4 months later...
You can't really trust the measurements given on the Kapital site. I did and screwed up the sizing on my pair.

The general "size" or "fit" at Kapital is not what I would call tailor accurate. It is more of a general size for a size. So if your waist is 84 cm then buy the size accordingly. To measure the clothes on the website, they measure from flat un-washed jeans. However if you go to a store in person they would explain to either go a size up or down for shrinking or personal taste.

• 4 weeks later...