Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

Measurements by BiG technique for W36.
Width of hips was measured through a seam clip on the valve shake.
That is, not 7.5 cm from crossing of seams, and 11 cm, in this case.

W/2 ______ 42,5 cм
FR ______ 31,0 см
RR ______ 39,5 см
Hip ______ 56,0 см
At ______ 32,5 см
Kn ______ 23,5 см
Hem ____ 20,0 см
Ins _____ 86,0 см
Outs ___ 113,5 см

• 4 months later...

Looking forward to your evo, zhangchunqiao , especially the way you fade a pair of jeans!  My pair of TH Zipang is dark at the perimeter of the yarn but lightly dyed at the core and so far showing unusual natural indigo contrasts in the belt loops and in the roping at the chain stitched hems.

Here is a link to Heddels store,$638, your size in stock, Broark! Jonathan, Bandanna Almanac, proxyed a pair for me 7-8 years ago. https://scout.heddels.com/brands/kapital/denim-jeans/kapital-th-zipang-natural-indigo-raw-denim-jeans

edit. By the way, size up!

edit/edit You also may want to try Cotton Sheep in San Francisco, they carry Kapital and possibly can order/find them for you.       

Edited by lance

Kapital TH Zipang, natural indigo dyed, straight cut, nice pair of jeans which will show SUFU approved contrast fading

Cut end of a belt loop showing lighter indigo dye at the core

0DF71364-5831-4DFA-97BE-B872F73AC02E.thumb.jpeg.c6b55dd4536cb2cf9bc0bb1f73d14b3d.jpeg

Contrast fade on belt loop unusual for natural indigo dyed denim

81CE7797-85BA-45F4-83F9-2BDDB57A95B1.thumb.jpeg.a40cf6bb313102aae6d21fb4108e842c.jpeg

Faded roping 

A16871D5-496C-44D1-9B23-14E43CADE7BB.thumb.jpeg.8768c2d7f9c7c5af885014ce29136ce8.jpeg

It’s been longer than I thought!

1FB29DF6-DABF-40DF-94E4-99244F30306F.thumb.jpeg.3970afec1e37ff90ab5eea6e3a4e7c4a.jpeg

Edited by lance

Hey zhangchunqiao, thanks, I simply upload photos from my iPad Pro library using the choose files... option then add them to my post at the curser (sp?). I  have been unable to resize them from my iPad; more than likely, my lack of knowing how rather than a problem with my iPad. I can, however, upload and resize photos using my Windows laptop again using the choose files... option below the post box. Hope this helps you, if not, ask me for clarification.

edit. When using my Windows laptop, I am able to resize the photos in the dialogue box here in SUFU

Edited by lance

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys... just got my first pair of century denim in yesterday. Monkey Cisco kakishibu brown. I got the size 34s, put them through 1 warm soak and 1 hot soak (both in the bathtub). However, I was hoping the inseam would shrink ... nothing shrunk at all. The thigh is 12.5” which is perfect, but the inseam is still 31” which is way too long. Would like it to be around 28 or 29. I thought it was supposed to shrink 3” or so in length?

24 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

My Century Denim jacket didn't shrink at all—I've always thought Century Denim was pretty thoroughly sanforized?

I read through this thread and lots of people said the inseam shrunk quite a bit after hot soak...

just want to make sure to get all shrinking out before I get them professionally hemmed.

Edited by EricL

• 5 weeks later...

So I finally succumbed to the temptation of a Kapital ring coat after years of intermittent hovering

A marmite of the coat world, I suspect

An unlikely union of an M65, a peacoat, a trenchcoat and a kimono

Oversized and military-inspired, longer at the front than the back, like a reversed fish-tail parker

Anyway, whatever the blurb is… I’m liking it, enamoured even

Fit pics once the combinatorial analysis of buttoning is complete B)

PS - great service from Kafka

20210416 Kapital 1.jpg

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

PS - great service from Kafka

Aye they hiv stottin claes ... #doricforbeginners

I bought that very coat, oh I dunno 10-12 years ago, loved it. It’s truly an inspired design ... but I sold it on eBay because I was tired of the effort of reorganising myself or the coat every time I put it on (or moved slightly :laugh2:)

I wish you the very best of luck with it and I’m looking forward to the fit pics

Yes there has already been some faffing with them different configurations

I'm expecting the only way will be to stick to one arrangement per outing and remorselessly embrace the inevitable dishevelment

Thanks for the good luck message! 

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

A marmite of the coat world, I suspect

I’m the ‘love it’ camp. Great pick up.

Always thought it strikes a perfect balance between interesting, experimental design with something that is actually wearable in the real world. Just the right amount of out there. Awesomes. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 9:48 PM, EricL said:

I read through this thread and lots of people said the inseam shrunk quite a bit after hot soak...

just want to make sure to get all shrinking out before I get them professionally hemmed.

The length actually shrinks very little, but it will get noticeably tighter elsewhere. The reason for this is that the fabric is spun 90 degrees from how denim is normally aligned in order to get the sashiko threads to pass through easily and appear vertical when worn. You will find the waist and inseam shrink minimally while the width of the legs shrinks more than you'd expect for sanforized fabric. This is generally not an issue if you wear your garments as Kapital styles them, but if you try for a snug fit you can end up with problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just received some OW monkey ciscos in the 'standard' 14oz denim. does anyone have any experience with shrinkage before i get them hemmed? i assume there will be little to none in length, but i've been stung with other labels before. might hold off and wear chunky cuffs until their first (cold) wash at home.

Edited by conqueror

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 12:22 PM, conqueror said:

just received some OW monkey ciscos in the 'standard' 14oz denim. does anyone have any experience with shrinkage before i get them hemmed? i assume there will be little to none in length, but i've been stung with other labels before. might hold off and wear chunky cuffs until their first (cold) wash at home.

very glad i didn't hem; just (hand) washed these in cold water and the inseam shrank a further inch.