Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if Kapital released their century denim N.123-S in other cuts apart from cisco yet? Apparently they were supposed to be released end of last year but I haven't seen anything

Jon (Bandanna Almanac) is un(?)official Kapital representative for the English-speaking world... it's never clear to me what his main job is but he keeps an impressive stock of vintage workwear, is a talented clothing repairperson, and seems to work closely with a number of smaller companies such as Kapital and more recently Ooe, etc. His site is https://bandanna-almanac.com/ .

1 hour ago, Niro said:

thanks. Who is Jon? :blush:

Adding to what @chicote say...

He now works in Kapital Kyoto branch (maybe Osaka also?) 

Imo, he is the best person to ask about anything Kapital & can proxy anything from the brand (including catalog).

Edited by redragon
Sentence error.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/2/2017 at 3:36 PM, Niro said:

Anyone know if Kapital released their century denim N.123-S in other cuts apart from cisco yet? Apparently they were supposed to be released end of last year but I haven't seen anything

also keen to see them release a straight cut...would probably buy into that.

3 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

also keen to see them release a straight cut...would probably buy into that.

@Foxy2

Pretty sure they are available in TH (straight) cut.

Don't see it available online anymore, not sure if there is stockist outside Japan. The only Kapital store that stock the 123 is their Ginza branch.

Edited by redragon
Add more clarification

Ah yes, they do stock it in Monkey Cisco, I might be wrong about the availability of the cut since there is not much documentation online about which cut it's available in.

Might consult their past look book & get back to you soon if I find anything.

Am currently wearing the 123 in Okagilly cut (ungodly high rise, generous thigh with slight taper) 

On 10/16/2018 at 5:25 AM, redragon said:

Ah yes, they do stock it in Monkey Cisco, I might be wrong about the availability of the cut since there is not much documentation online about which cut it's available in.

Might consult their past look book & get back to you soon if I find anything.

Am currently wearing the 123 in Okagilly cut (ungodly high rise, generous thigh with slight taper) 

love the okagilly and okabilly cuts, hoping to get the 123 in one next time i go to japan

they only had monkey cisco and TH last time i was at Ebisu Legs. I like the monkey cisco a lot, but they weren't making my size at the time

Anyone care to give more info on the different fits? I have 1-2-3 monkey cisco, how do stone and okagilly differ from those fitwise? On that note is there a cisco that is different from monkey cisco, seen both online, a typo or two different cuts?

4 hours ago, mrman said:

Anyone care to give more info on the different fits? I have 1-2-3 monkey cisco, how do stone and okagilly differ from those fitwise? On that note is there a cisco that is different from monkey cisco, seen both online, a typo or two different cuts?

Monkey Cisco is a slightly more tapered Cisco (which is named after San Francisco and is their basic 501 style cut) with a slightly higher rise. The seat fits a little differently, but not enough to take a different size.

Okagilly is a modified Okabilly. The concept is the same (high rise, wide thigh, noticeable taper), but it's a bit more exaggerated (higher rise, wider thigh, thusly more noticeable taper) and the pockets are smaller and higher. Both are unisex fits, though gals with wider hips would probably prefer the Okagilly.

Stone is the low rise skinny fit. The waist is usually 1.5-2 inches larger than tagged because they sit low and the taper begins very fast. Only wearable if you know you have the build for skinny jeans without any stretch.

Edited by Planetarium

• 4 weeks later...

I recently picked up the Century Denim no 5 in monkey cisco fit size 36. I typically wear 34-36 depending on the brand and fit and im surprised these fit at all to be honest.

I remember years ago in Blue in Green and trying them on in various sizes and fits and not really finding one I liked. I was in the Lower East Side and stopped by Mannahatta and had to try them on again. The higher rise of the Monkey fit seems to have worked out for me because only the waist band was tight but I was able to close them at least. After wearing them for two weeks they have stretched comfortably. I cold soaked the legs and thighs but not the seat area to see if there was any shrink, none that I noticed. I'll probably hem them after another cold soak in a few more weeks. 

• 6 months later...