Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

oh, my heart aches.

size 30 cisco century denim = leg opening and thighs were good but waist too small. size 32 waist fits but everything else is now too big.

size 32 stone century denim = everything too small. super tempted to try out a size 34 or 36 but not holding my breath.

why, kapital, why. ;-; really jealous of people who could rock their cuts. the century denim is fantastic.

You gotta be like Karl Lagerfeld and starve yourself down so you can wear Kiro Hirata's masterpiece.

^ thats gonna look really neat once it looks worn in

This has probably been asked before but does anyone know where to get a good amount of kakishibu dye in the US? Looking to do a coating on my one year old pair of century denim

I saw Kapital selling persimmon dyes in a bottle a few months ago in Bangkok, Thailand. Not sure if they're available at any other Kapital stockists.

Anyways the best I could find from googling around is this rakuten link (so no, not in the US unfortunately)

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/afrobeat/item/6627at/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

• 2 months later...

At last an update...

(Kakishibu Century denim tricked out with a pocket)

erjCmDN.jpg

cIPIoeD.jpg

da2M6mM.jpg

ZeTRtHT.jpg

P1zyW3Q.jpg

Gentle fades (I really like the gentle vertical fall!) probably cause by my equally gentle handwash (every 10 days or so of wear) 

The fading of the indigo pocket compliments well with the century denim.

• 7 months later...

Got me a Kapital piece :) It's a Thunder Western - Gauze Paraka Check, I found this for a very reasonable (IMO) €130 on Swedish Pancho & Lefty store. I like it a lot, the fit is great, it's nice and slim but still forgiving enough for my moderate beer gut. It's cut very long in the front and back, but I'm ok with having a few shirts that only work tucked.

I love unconventional western shirts so this one with the lightning inspired pockets and yoke is very much right up my alley.

7skdFh8l.jpg

8sc2kDGl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME.

I now have four things by Kapital: Fruit Shunga Bandana - Orange via standard and strange, Okabilly century denim sumi via blue in green, Okabilly Kakishibu century denim and indigo and black big officer (?) boots (not sure what the boots are called) via Jon of bandanna almanac.

Thanks to Jon for the proxy and redragon for the impetus and some sizing questions.

Posting the boots since that pretty much started my little craze and I don't see too much info/pics about them. Link for those interested. Album so the page can actually load quick.

Size US 9 in most sneakers and I went with a size 2, the smallest size they had. E-mailed Jon sometime in late July and got these in this Tuesday.

I LOVE the look of the shoes. Very fashion forward but still reigned in enough that it's not too out there. My type of jam. Love the contrast between the canvas and leather. Speaking of which, I'm not sure what the leather is but it's lightly brushed (?) and waxed/burnished at the toe. A nice touch. Also love and hate the hooks. It looks nice but it takes a damn while to hook on. I probably nail down a technique later on and that won't be a problem. The stitching looks very tight and neat. No loose threads and the stitching pattern is consistent. 

Now back to sizing. The width is fine but the length is probably a good half inch longer. Not necessarily a bad thing since I do like some space but it feels oddly "loose." Just more ankle room that I'm comfortable with I suppose due to the canvas. It could also be that's just how the shoe is designed and/or because of a possible mis-sizing. I'm thinking the former but if it's the latter and if I'm not satisfied I cut my losses and have these up on grailed or something.

Fit pic:

tF3hRBj.jpg

Edited by ALB

those look great! re sizing, perhaps you can try wrapping some moleskin around the inside of the heel to take up some of the extra space. I had a pair of boots that were about a half-inch too big some time ago and they fit perfectly once I did that.

Hahaha welcome to the dark side...

I did consider the black& indigo,but decided to go with brown & kakishibu.

Still great pick up! looks mighty fine.

Try walking around with those for couple of days, I find that the heel grip pretty well so it negates the problem with the length.

Edited by redragon

Ah, I should mention length isn't really that big off a problem but more so the space around my ankle/heel. It's probably just gonna take some time getting used to since it's soft, flexible canvas covering most of the feet and not stiff hard leather. We'll see though.

• 2 weeks later...

28990993951_cd0c7c5b8b_z.jpg

28991009081_7c8849b952_z.jpg

I choose the Okagilly fit (which is the same as the Sarrouel), something fresh and different from Cisco cut.

Pretty ok fit if I may say so myself. Seriously not used to this ungodly high rise, waist abit tight but it will stretch with some use anyway. 

(Make do with inddor lighting & mobile phone pics  :blush: )

I have a question about the shrinkage on Century Denim.

A question, not a "fit check", I swear! ;)

I just got some kakishibu no.5-s century denim in the cisco fit, size 30, 1 up from my usual. What a fabric, holy moly! If I keep these, I'll definitely write a review of them, but I'm a bit concerned about how they fit raw.

kapital.jpg

From what I've read, this denim shrinks like a sanforized fabric, which doesn't leave me too optimistic. They feel pretty good on but I dunno. For those who have had experience, will the amount of room I've got here (particularly in the seat/outer thigh and maybe 1/2 inch in the waist) get pulled in a bit after a hot wash? Or do they not shrink in much of a noticeable way? Thanks!

Edited by chicote

Waist & all around will not shrink much.

Inseam might shrink considerably with first hot soak/wash because the denim is used sideways (hope that make sense), so it shrinks more vertically.

I wear mine true size so if you upsize 1, I don't see much problem going forward.