Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 2 weeks later...

you can size down 1_ they're O/W, so the waistband will stretch out. i got the W32. on most japs, i'm W33:

W33= Momo701= Sam710/500xx= Pbj005/007= FH380= FC1108= Sorahiko

W32= 811raw= Okis= Sam5000vx/710vx

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thanks for the response guys.

So, I believe it's better for me to take 33 rite?

Anw, if I order directly from Kapital's website, will they provide the wooden box?

Wooden box is only for the Zipang TH Honai. Also the webshop doesn't do international shipping.

• 4 weeks later...

from my understanding, denim is a cotton twill where one part of the yarn is indigo dyed and the other is undyed/white. and because of the weaving process you have the one side blue and the other one is "white". this, in my eyes as I said, is to me "real denim".

but the term denim is rather widely used. take PBJ for example. they offer the blue weft and blue warp denim. afaik, that kind of fabric has its own name and is normally called jean(s).

also all the other offered fabrics where you have a dyed weft (by Strike Gold, Samurai, PBJ) aren't "real denim"

on this one, you have a cotton twill with brown dyed warp and the sashiko, functional embroidery. a nice looking and interesting fabric which might evolve beautiful but again: in my eyes, no "real denim".

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

from my understanding, denim is a cotton twill where one part of the yarn is indigo dyed and the other is undyed/white. and because of the weaving process you have the one side blue and the other one is "white". this, in my eyes as I said, is to me "real denim".

but the term denim is rather widely used. take PBJ for example. they offer the blue weft and blue warp denim. afaik, that kind of fabric has its own name and is normally called jean(s).

also all the other offered fabrics where you have a dyed weft (by Strike Gold, Samurai, PBJ) aren't "real denim"

on this one, you have a cotton twill with brown dyed warp and the sashiko, functional embroidery. a nice looking and interesting fabric which might evolve beautiful but again: in my eyes, no "real denim".

Twill weave, weft is white cotton threads, warp is kakishibu. The sashiko isn't embroidery, it is woven along the with the warp threads, just a larger ounce. Basically a mix of medium and heavy oz threads. Denim according to your definition, except the color. But then the indigo being used in 99% of jeans isn't even "real indigo" anyways.