Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

Yeah it is. First you said the shirt was awful because it had a quilt. Then you went off on a tangent about "distressed clothing". I tried to explain how it isn't "distressed" as most people perceive it, but a more interpreted / crafted aspect to garment design. To that you answered sarcastically. If you like clothes that have evolved to a specific state for you thats fine, cool, most of the consensus agrees with you, probably. Maybe you don't realize this but your initial comment was just rude, and yeah it offended some people. I don't care what you think of the shirt but your reasons don't justify your comment. Is this really the right place to just hate on something that was on topic?

i hardly thought there was any sarcasm or rudeness involved and if anybody was offended i think you were the only one to be honest. everybody has their own right to express their opinions and saying how they don't like something would hardly count as hating on something. i think if someone really wanted to hate on the shirt they would just say "that shirt sucks, it's hypebeasty" or expressing their opinion without any support about it.

it is always nice to see someone like you being so passionate but of course i myself think it is great to hear both sides of an argument and would very much so like to hear them. the shirt might not appeal to MF, but it does appeal very much to me, very much like how kapital is not for everybody, even if you are a big fan of the brand. it is hard to say that you like every single product they produce and i don't think MF really meant any harm.

having said that, let's get on with what the thread is really about...

Edited by ranonranonarat

bandana is right: there are definitely folks who do indeed troll and drop hate bombs out of nowhere. however, i've never found maynard to be one of those users. i think in this situation it's just about familiarity. many of us (unfortunately for better or worse) have more time to dedicate to sufu and dabble in other threads, so we inevitably cross paths. i've found both to be quality posters, so i always assume the best intention. as we all know, personalities are always a tough read online. the way i read the "unicorn" remark was just used for illustrative purpose, the way mf usually infuses wit into his posts. however, re-reading it, i can see how it can be perceived as a bit of a snarky remark, esp if was unfamiliar with a member (that's what she said). i'm no maynard scholar ;-), but i'm sure there was no disrespect intended.

but the trolls are coming. this thread (for better or worse) will draw more attention as quality shops like hickorees and big stock kapital items. hell, the way jcrew seems to pick up on brands like kato and chimala, i wonder if kapital isn't just around the corner.

i never thought kapital produced as many pieces as they do. initially i thought they were a bit like warehouse, but they actually put out full lines of mens and women's clothing. it's quite impressive. my favorite so far:

KapitalDuckHuntingJkt_L1.jpg

KapitalDuckHuntingJkt_L3.jpg

KapitalDuckHuntingJkt_L11.jpg

KapitalDuckHuntingJkt_L10.jpg

Edited by grooveholmes

i hardly thought there was any sarcasm or rudeness involved and if anybody was offended i think you were the only one to be honest. everybody has their own right to express their opinions and saying how they don't like something would hardly count as hating on something. i think if someone really wanted to hate on the shirt they would just say "that shirt sucks, it's hypebeasty" or expressing their opinion without any support about it.

it is always nice to see someone like you being so passionate but of course i myself think it is great to hear both sides of an argument and would very much so like to hear them. the shirt might not appeal to MF, but it does appeal very much to me, very much like how kapital is not for everybody, even if you are a big fan of the brand. it is hard to say that you like every single product they produce and i don't think MF really meant any harm.

having said that, let's get on with what the thread is really about...

Initially that was how I took his comment. But whatever I am the first person to admit that I am easily offended and often the person to offend people. Being one of the main contributors to this thread I can't help but take some pride in it. I have no qualms about stating whether you like something or not but don't just outright say "this is awful because I think so". Probably MF should have put his second post first and scrubbed his first one, so things would have been a little clearer on my end. Either way shigataganai and move on...

i never thought kapital produced as many pieces as they do. initially i thought they were a bit like warehouse, but they actually put out full lines of mens and women's clothing. it's quite impressive. my favorite so far:

KapitalDuckHuntingJkt_L3.jpg

p1050915-scaled1000.jpg?w=700&h=700

My heavy rotation shirt this winter. First flannel in years... planning on a few minor modifications and updates soon.

damn that looks really nice, prefer this plaid version than the white.

I'm recently really into this boro-thing Kapital done. I'm currently working on a simple sashiko patching on my pants right now!

Edited by drz

damn that looks really nice, prefer this plaid version than the white.

I'm recently really into this boro-thing Kapital done. I'm currently working on a simple sashiko patching on my pants right now!

Yeah I like how Kapital reinterperets the boro aesthetic and makes something totally new with it. Boro meaning sashiko stitching and tsugihagi layered patchwork. A lot of the Spring items this year are really unique in this way. It's fun to play around with the items to achieve a personal look.

read about ur visit to Ooe-Yofukuten, Jon. did u visit the Kapital outlets in Nagoya as well?

and catalogs aside, think it's possible for u to take snaps of the staff when u visit the stores as well?

have always liked the way they wear the brand's aesthetic...

read about ur visit to Ooe-Yofukuten, Jon. did u visit the Kapital outlets in Nagoya as well?

and catalogs aside, think it's possible for u to take snaps of the staff when u visit the stores as well?

have always liked the way they wear the brand's aesthetic...

I didn't go there this time out that way. I went there back in 2009 though. It really depends on the store, and the staff. Sometimes I take pictures of the complete looks on the staff but I don't make a habit of it.

I just bought a pair of cisco. Fits like a dream! they are similar fitting to my warehouse 660. kapital has been in the business for a minute, so they really know their denim. also the rumor is true, that they make jeans for many other brands. not going to blow up the spot because i aint a snitch.

The denim is pretty. I'll have some pics when its daytime.

yes. kapital is amazing.

just sharing some pics of kapital stores pics, (pardon my photography skills)

only managed a few shots in the stores.

ebisu - blue hands

Jap12Album2768.jpg

Jap12Album2770.jpg

ebisu - legs

Jap12Album2772.jpg

Jap12Album2777.jpg

Jap12Album2778.jpg

Jap12Album2779.jpg

Jap12Album2780.jpg

kyoto

Jap12Album2070.jpg

Jap12Album2075.jpg

Edited by Gnob

No Jon, thats the two storey kapital store in tokyo-ebisu that is called kapital - blue hands. Very interesting store. A few lanes down there's this kapital duffle (no pics) which sells mainly female apparels and fabrics, and then kapital legs.

oh, thats good info. i am worried i am wrong about that so i went to the website to double check.

but im certain i see 'blue hands' outside the store. just like what you see in the website. still thinking about the socks. damn.

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/kapital/product/indigo-sashiko-early-pea-coat

That fabric is so interesting, it leaves me with these questions:

How is such a fabric made? Does kapital mill it? What kind of machine do they use to simulate the hand stitch?

What does this fabric look like after it has been washed several times (I've seen the pictures of it on the hill-side / stanley and sons bag)? Will it pucker like the fabric seen here? -- that would make for one cool coat.

6475456819_6eaae7f3d5_z.jpg

Old Sake sack and Indigo Bag -2 by aya*studio, on Flickr

6475456581_50e7dccfa5_z.jpg

Old Sake sack and Indigo Bag -3 by aya*studio, on Flickr

It won't pucker as its canvas woven with the sashiko in it. The same fabric is used in kendo gloves and uniforms it's super strong. Almost all the fabric they use is made by Kapital, their pride is that basically everything they make is OEM so they can do stuff with their products few companies their size can do.

Edited by the bandanna almanac