Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

Hey Jon, what's up - what is sumizome? looking forward to the new catalogue. thanks

Sumi (墨) is black ink made from charcoal for calligraphy in Asian countries. Usually it comes in a solid stick form and when water is added you grate it into an ink. Sumizome (墨染め) is using the liquid form of said charcoal, to form a pigment-dye which is totally natural/organic. I am unsure how it will fade or wash.

Kapital is offering this color which is a medium dark grey, in two different styles. One is a warp-yarn-dyed denim, and a indigo and sumi hickory striped twill. Both come in several different cuts.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really tempted to pick a pair of those grey ones. Do they come in every Kapital cut?

They come in TH, Stone, Elder, Cisco, and painter pants. You can see a few more pics on their site under "New". I can also take some pics next time I drop by the store.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a sneak peek at the new Kapital catalog for Summer 2011, first impression: wow! catalog should be available soon maybe in the next two weeks or so. If you want a copy just send me a PM.

Some of the popular Kountry items made their way into this collection, as part of the seasonal line-up. Really everything I saw looks great.

Rumor is Kapital is opening a store in San Francisco, trying to find out more now..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can somebody suggest the best way to buy some Kapital stones in the USA? I'm kind of lost. Sorry for being so dense.

Hi, can somebody suggest the best way to buy some Kapital stones in the USA? I'm kind of lost. Sorry for being so dense.

You could use some proxy service like Sharpservice.jp or there can be even somebody in this thread that can help you... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Probably not available anywhere in the US. I can proxy them for you.

Cotton Sheep in San Francisco carries a full line of their jeans and shirts' date=' the owner used to work for Kapital while in Japan and before that used to be at 45RPM.

They've been carrying Kapital for about four years now.

[url']http://cottonsheep.com/[/url]

Cotton Sheep in San Francisco carries a full line of their jeans and shirts, the owner used to work for Kapital while in Japan and before that used to be at 45RPM.

They've been carrying Kapital for about four years now.

http://cottonsheep.com/

Yeah good reviews on that place...:rolleyes:

Plus looking at their website, that is definitely not a full line. I know I am there almost every week.