Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

Yeah the redux are distressed by hand, but I like them most of all, as the person who did the work is a friend of mine. A photo doesn't really do the work justice but you get the idea.

If i have some more time I will post more pics of some stuff from the store especially redux items.

• 2 months later...

Nice. Even the back buckle got a good fade on it. Shirasu's? or Ciscos? They usually only use those ball rivets on the Shirasus, anyways nice post thanks!

Not a lot of wear on these, but I love the little details on them, especially the stitching.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Nice. Even the back buckle got a good fade on it. Shirasu's? or Ciscos? They usually only use those ball rivets on the Shirasus' date=' anyways nice post thanks![/quote']

Cheers Jon, they're Shirasu's. Like the look of the new catalogue by the way, thanks for posting it.

Cheers Jon, they're Shirasu's. Like the look of the new catalogue by the way, thanks for posting it.

I absolutely love my Shirasus I found that they fit really awkwardly at first but then once they softened up they wear much better. Your experience with them similar? The new standard line up they introduced this summer, the Shirasus don't have the crotch rivet and all of their standard denim is back to 14oz.

I absolutely love my Shirasus I found that they fit really awkwardly at first but then once they softened up they wear much better. Your experience with them similar? The new standard line up they introduced this summer' date=' the Shirasus don't have the crotch rivet and all of their standard denim is back to 14oz.[/quote']

I agree, I found them to be a bit odd fitting until the waist loosened up a bit, now they're one of my favourites. Do your's have a tag in the waistband saying 'made in the Mitsui Factory, Okayama', or something like that?

I agree, I found them to be a bit odd fitting until the waist loosened up a bit, now they're one of my favourites. Do your's have a tag in the waistband saying 'made in the Mitsui Factory, Okayama', or something like that?

Yeah same tag in mine. They have 3 factories 2 are in Okayama, the other is in Shikoku. One of my jackets has a similar tag but the Shikoku factory.

• 4 weeks later...
from the Kapital official web

http://kapital.jp/denim/002-cisco.html

Cisco made with 14oz zimbabwe cotton,

but no description on TH which denim used.

just the word that you can feel more green than Cisco

they used same 14oz zimbabwe denim on TH?

Kapital just re-released their entire standard denim line. It's my assumption all the denim is made using all the same cotton. Any denim with the vertical back patch "treehouse" is using the same cotton.

IMG_04241-1.jpg?action=view&current=IMG_04241-2.jpgIMG_04241-2.jpg?t=1263496566

A shout out for Jon [email protected] to proxy any of your Kapital clothing from Japan. He proxied the pictured Kapital TH Zipang natural indigo jeans, a belt and a catalogue for me in record time. He is knowledgeable about the entire Kapital line, goes out of his way to help with sizing questions, has reasonable fees, is an experienced natural indigo dyer and is downright great to deal with. The Kapital line is really cool but hard/impossible to buy outside of Japan. If you’re looking for something from Kapital, don’t hesitate to contact Jon.

Thanks Jon for posting all the catalogs. I have to agree with what a great brand Kapital is. I've been to a few stores all over Japan, and they all carry a lot of in-store exclusives. I dig this brand over, say, 45RPM, because of the more organic quality of their goods and also the pricing is way more reasonable.

Thanks for the props Lance. And thanks for all the support people. From Lance's order I found out that the gold rivet version of the Hon-ai TH Zipangs are no longer being made. Hence the reduced price, however as you can see from the pictures they are just as beautiful.

@coleslawyum

I have been to all of the stores in Japan and they all have their own local flavor to each of their stores. Some of the branches even offer special one location only items.

IMG_0281.jpg

There is a good video, for those interested on indigo dying at Rampuya (momotaro jeans). If you don't understand Japanese you can still understand what they are talking about by the video. Basically its a great rundown of the entire process.

http://www.japanblue.jp/