Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

I'll be going to the stores one of these days and I'll ask for you,

but come on dude, do a little research yourself...

There are so many different denim models I get so confused, because what is posted on their website is only a small fraction of their collections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Cross post from the evolution thread:

I washed my Kapital Ciscos for the second time. They have a little more than 4 months of wear (mediocre pictures, but that's the best I could do):

Nice fade on those. For 4 months that fade is pretty quick you work outside with those on?

The color looks like one of their older washes.

Looks great so far I will show these to my buddy who works at the Kobe store.

Thanks for your comment. I don't do any work other than being a teaching assistant. I do walk a lot tough.

I am not questioning your statement, but it is so weird your faded like that. See I do work outside on weekends my Kapital denim didn't fade the same as yours did. Might be that yours are an older series, but I don't think they have changed any of their denim so drastically.

Got to say I like how they look, and they are in really good condition.

Probably not most peoples taste in footwear but, this is the first of such collaborations with Birkenstock, for Kapital. I really like the two items they produced only because they fit Kapital's clothing so nicely. I am not a fan of the sneaker style ones but the mocs are very excellent.

Links:

http://www.birkenstockjpn.co.jp/topics/index.html

http://kapital.jp/artscraftsnew/2009/02/with.html

• 2 months later...
Probably not most peoples taste in footwear but' date=' this is the first of such collaborations with Birkenstock, for Kapital. I really like the two items they produced only because they fit Kapital's clothing so nicely. I am not a fan of the sneaker style ones but the mocs are very excellent.

Links:

[url']http://www.birkenstockjpn.co.jp/topics/index.html[/url]

http://kapital.jp/artscraftsnew/2009/02/with.html

Both are pretty great!

Both are pretty great!

The moc looking ones are actually a lot darker in person, and way fun-cool.

OTbut interesting... On Kapital's news page they just released a "denim: useful phrase" book at their stores for purchase. The description doesn't say much but looks like useful vocab about denim. will investigate next time I go to my store.

Guest daytrade

Had a question for you guys. I'm in the US. How do I go about getting a pair of Kapital Zipang Tp-2 natural indigo jeans with the wooden box? TIA

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daytrade

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying a pair of Kapital Zipang TP-2 natural indigo jeans via proxy and need to know what size I should get. I wear a size 34. Will I be okay with a size 34 in these jeans? Thanks in advance.

You should always go 2 inches over your normal pants size anyways when you buy denim, to account for shrinkage. I recommend just measuring the jeans you wear everyday and go with that size. They definitely are not comically undersized, the only weird sizes are when they use the 0 1 2 3 4 ... size method.

Zipang are their natural indigo model and are only available in one wash, so don't fret too much about shrinkage. Purchased a pair from Kapital Japan through a friend about 2 months back and they are size true.

My sizing is 32" in SC Oki, 31" in Evisu No. 2 and my 32" Zipang felt slightly tight at first but after 10 wears or so stretched out half a size which is perfect. Stayed true or size up one if need be.

Hope that helps and the Zipang are beautiful jeans.

DenimNut is pretty right on about the sizes. Their jeans all have different fit styles so that may account for people having different impressions of fit to size. I have 8 pairs on Kapital jeans and 4 pairs of their other pants and speaking from personal experience go with a 36 or 38 if you usually wear a 34 (preference being for natural fit and a straight line silhouette) , but of course measuring your waist is best and knowing what kind of fit you are looking for will help in the sizing choices. Zipang and the TH are the same shape which is the same size as a washed pair of L 501's. The real indigo ones however have a different color fade compared with those of the regular THs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...