Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 4 weeks later...
Do you have more pics perchance?

Or a pdf???

Updated: Will get some images of the catalog tomorrow.

Also according to the news site on the kapital main page, they are making a new very "meaty" "strong" superhero-denim...!!! The article says that these will only be available on the kapital web store, and will go on sale for approximately one month starting at the end of August.

The manga that these are in collaboration with is 金肉マン "Kinnikuman" which apparently is from Kurashiki, Okayama Prefecture. (Kapital's home prefecture).

If you were a kid in the 80's or someone who collected toys, you might remember M.U.S.C.L.E Men. Those gummy plastic toys were based on the same manga mentioned above.

20080728220828-A5ADA5F3C6F9A5DEA5F3A5C7A5CBA5E0.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm really impressed with Kapital, they've always got some great looks going on in their collections it's surprising they've not been picked up on much outside of Japan.

I got some Cinchbacks last year, they have lovely denim and detailing but haven't really had the wear they deserve. I'd be interested to see a really nicely worn out pair. How are yours coming along Viv?

That's a shame Viv, but I know what you mean. It also doesn't help when you keep getting new favourites!

Iamstarwars, mine are starting to show a little bit of wear too. It really is a nice shade of blue that pops out at you through that lovely deep indigo, a good incentive to wear them harder.

I'll post mine up at the end of year too, see you then.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm really impressed with Kapital, they've always got some great looks going on in their collections it's surprising they've not been picked up on much outside of Japan.

I got some Cinchbacks last year, they have lovely denim and detailing but haven't really had the wear they deserve. I'd be interested to see a really nicely worn out pair. How are yours coming along Viv?

Here for comparison is a pair of No. 2 dyed Shirasu, and a Pair of TH No. 1 dyed.

The No. 2's are almost a year old, No. 1's are new.

The No. 1's are a lot more yellow looking to me, probably because of the pinch of sulphide they throw into the indigo dye. No. 2's are practically invincible to fading, even after washing several times by hand. But the blue on the No. 2's are :):)

dsc2662fw1.jpg

dsc2663as6.jpg

Just a few more questions, I am trying to figure out which denim series you have.

Yours has a flag patch on the inside front pocket right? They might be No. 2 denim, if they are they have a little No. 2 on the right leg back pocket. The older models which yours may be don't have that little tag. If you bought them only a few months ago then they are probably No. 2's. In that case they will fade really slowly. Right now they probably look like a mix of lighter indigo and a dark blue?:confused:

As for the non selvage coin pocket, Is the denim 14 oz or 12 oz?

They have done several different series of denim products. This year they made a standard series, which now they will offer as a staple product. The pair you have are probably from denim monsters II, if the hardware is brass then its definitely from that catalog. It it is silver then probably a bit newer than that.

The number 3 is just called 本藍 "honai" or Real indigo, now. They only make that one model thats on the website, of course there always exceptions to this brand as each store has a different selection of one-of-a-kinds. Especially the Legs store, and the Blue Hands store. Each time I visited each I was mystified.

Ext* someone posted earlier a picture of some No. 4 Cisco cinch-backs, those are the super green ones, I don't think those are gonna fade much.

Took a look at the Kapital site recently and noticed the Stone model. Anyone know if it's a women or unisex model and whether or not it uses the same denim as the Cisco?

any body ever get a pair of these? they're one of the slimmest of the artisanal japanese jeans... I would've thought they'd spark a little more interest

http://kapital.jp/denim/no1indigostone.html

hold on give me a brief report

whats a no.1 denim and a no.2 which of these or unsanforized thats the route ill go

I don't really understand what your asking but I will go ahead and try to answer it. No 1. and No. 2 Denim is just the number for the color at Kapital. No 1 and No. 2 are slightly different in color. No. 2 being more of a blue, after washing, while No. 1 is a more yellowish, color. As for being Sanforized No. 1 Denim is usually a one wash, No. 2 is raw unwashed denim. They differ in color quite a bit after washing.

I have a picture in a previous post showing the differences.

any body ever get a pair of these? they're one of the slimmest of the artisanal japanese jeans... I would've thought they'd spark a little more interest

http://kapital.jp/denim/no1indigostone.html

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to wear unwashed 14 oz denim that doesn't shrink tightly around my legs as a guy. Anyways they recommend those jeans for women.

女性でしたらヒールを合わせたりというスタイリングにもおすすめです。

I don't really understand what your asking but I will go ahead and try to answer it. No 1. and No. 2 Denim is just the number for the color at Kapital. No 1 and No. 2 are slightly different in color. No. 2 being more of a blue, after washing, while No. 1 is a more yellowish, color. As for being Sanforized No. 1 Denim is usually a one wash, No. 2 is raw unwashed denim. They differ in color quite a bit after washing.

I have a picture in a previous post showing the differences.

yeah i did but its not clear if they are sanforized or not

If the No.1 is a one wash then it will most likely be unsanforized denim no? What's the point in one washing it otherwise...

Does it even matter? It's not like you will be wearing them anyway...

well you got a point there..

ok thanks!

i coudnt about kapital.. really hard not a lot of people know about these.. can you proxy?

I can proxy but you have to know exactly what you want. Sanforized doesn't really have a meaning in Japanese so (translates to 防縮加工(ぼうしゅく かこう) "Boushukukakou" which means shrink-proof), they usually call it pre-shrunk, which pretty much means the same thing. They usually will say Raw denim in Japanese which i would translate to UnSanforized.