philippines :: general

local designers are yet to be a hit here..flips have clolnial mentality..lol

yes. good point.

IMHO the main reason why local deigners don't get it goin on here in the PHL.

1. No Ad campaigns

2. Limited stores

3. No proper outlet ( a real legit fashion week )

Not to be judgemental, or close minded or anything.

Another thing that bothers me is there aren't alot of people making wearable menswear. It's all these too metro/gay designers making all this avant garde, homo shxt that no right minded person would wear.

Not to be judgemental, or close minded or anything.

Another thing that bothers me is there aren't alot of people making wearable menswear. It's all these too metro/gay designers making all this avant garde, homo shxt that no right minded person would wear.

yeah..u on point on that one...nobody here has yet to make a straightforward collection that really targets the essence of menswear..all flip designers design for the rich and glamorous who can buy because they can and not for the wearability of the stuff

yes. good point.

IMHO the main reason why local deigners don't get it goin on here in the PHL.

1. No Ad campaigns

2. Limited stores

3. No proper outlet ( a real legit fashion week )

Just my own personal opinion, I believe it's due to zero city zoning and pretty much shit mass transportation.

People simply won't bother to dress up due to the fact that it'll just probably get dirty from the jeep/tricycle ride or squeezing into the LRT. So they are happy to wear cheap clothes that look decent and will probably wear the good stuff on weekends or when going out to malls and shit.

Now to city zoning, our roads are a big mess, with industrial and residential areas mixing it up pretty much everywhere. We don't have a lot of open shop areas or shop streets like Orchard Road in Singapore, TST in HK or HuaiHai Lu in Shanghai. While a lot of the shops there are probably non SUFU standard but we gotta start somewhere right?

Then again the lack of walking street probably stems from the fact that we don't have proper mass transportation, bad street lighting (the darker it is , the more crimes are committed theory?) and a weak market for clothes/garments.

They say that when the economy is bad, one of the 1st industries hit are those from the garments industry.

Sorry for the rant. :|

No such thing a zoning here.

I used to study at a school at the back of a cement facility. The school is quite costly in a "gated comunity" and all. But for fuck's sake. A cement facility! Dust cloud much?

That's another thing I noticed here in the Philippines. Working in a streetwear store, who do we cater to since there's no real street culture here?

I haven't been around the equator much, but maybe it's because of the weather? I figure that it doesn't lend too well to walking in general. Imho, it's just too polluted and hot most of the time.

I guess you can also say that zoning is at fault as well. Aside from malls, there is no real place where people can walk around casually.

That being said, walking around is probably one of the things I miss the most from everywhere else because you just can't do it back home.

there is a street culture here but it is not yet that developed compared to other countries. it is emerging here now as i see more teens freely expressing street culture.

the only place i can walk casually here is in bonifacio high street. very calm and relaxing place to walk around. people there also have a good sense of streetwear regardless of weather

^exactly. and no wonder we are hit so hard by increasing oil prices. I mean, everybody in the world is affected but it's particularly bad over here as most people are dependent on their own cars(people buy cars over proper housing), or use gas guzzling mass transportation like the jeep or ancient buses.

augh, i'm really frustrated, obvious much?

we are so proud of the jeepney but there's no improvement done to it at all issit?

Effing tried to ride my bike to work the other day aswell in an effort to erm.. lessen my carbon footprint, avoid parking, and gas expenses. It just didn't work, ontop of being abit of a mess when I got there, the guards didn't allow me to park my bike anywhere.

Our country has some really bad, deep rooted problems. The only way to fix that is drastic change and sacrifice, something no-one is willing to take.

If we could only think of solutions as well as we could complain.

i read somewhere from a singapore statistics company..

that the only way to erradicate the problem in the philippines ( take note: the philippines) is genocide

i read somewhere from a singapore statistics company..

that the only way to erradicate the problem in the philippines ( take note: the philippines) is genocide

Something about the distribution of wealth right? I remember my Professor explaing to us before about how the majority Philippines' wealth is concentrated amongst a select amount of people.

Anyways, I didn't need a statistics company to figure that out. It was either kill all the poor folks, or murder all the corrupt politicians. Take your pick.

hahaha..its like the philippines is in the hands of a select few huh?this is a very sad situation for filipinos..this leads into lack of proper education and poor manpower..

btw,,i think the philippines now is really in bad shape..sure hope some messiah comes and saves us...the people really need somebody to push them to work work work

haha yeah! edmond for president!

personally, I don't think it lies in just one person/messiah/president whomever. The problem is deeply rooted into society already, the culture itself is flawed.

I read this article about Taiwanese companies investing in the Mactan Economic Zone in Cebu. A few lines that stood out:

"unlike in mainland China where everyone is eager to become a boss, workers in the Philippines are less ambitious,"

Filipino workers are optimistic and cooperative, the four businessmen agreed, but they also noted that employers have to push the workers because they are really "passive."

"you have to supervise them even though you have given them instructions,"

sigh.

nah id rather keep my leather goods worth more than 5 lv wallets seriously

redmoon leather stuffs requires dedication you just dont go in and buy aredmoon wallet or hipbag btw i think ill consign some redmoon stuff at the new gb5 store

https://www.redmoon.co.jp/shopping/brand.html

live and learn

Effing tried to ride my bike to work the other day aswell in an effort to erm.. lessen my carbon footprint, avoid parking, and gas expenses. It just didn't work, ontop of being abit of a mess when I got there, the guards didn't allow me to park my bike anywhere.

Our country has some really bad, deep rooted problems. The only way to fix that is drastic change and sacrifice, something no-one is willing to take.

If we could only think of solutions as well as we could complain.

lol. My bike creates more carbon footprint than a regular sedan.

The gas problem can be resolved IHMO.

Look at it this way. Say the gas companys buy a tank of gas for $25 a drum... but when the prices go high, eventho they bought the gas for just $25 a drum they will increas the fucking prices. That is not fair at all. By that kind of practice they garner too much profits.

Fuck them!

yo edmond ... u still got con nect at take 5?

lets not talk politics here ... this is a politic and religion free board ...

Rofl, sorry, but I guess it was unavoidable since we're talking about a corrupt catholic country in Asia. Bah?

Anyone tried riding fixed around Manila? It's such a trip, almost dying I mean.